Early Games thread

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm not claiming a double toe tap does it. Look at the Jags TD we just watched. The receiver caught the ball, did a toe tap, lifted it off the turf and then went to the ground with the same foot where his foot touched and then rolled over to get the ankle/shin down. If a double tap was all that was needed, there wouldn't have been any discussion by the TV crew about having a shin down. As soon as the foot touched down the second time before rolling over, it's a catch no matter what. But because "both feet" are required and he didn't get his second foot down, you turn to the "OR" part of the rule that states any body part = both feet except a hand. So then you look for the ankle/shin down in bounds. Even without the first toe tap you look for the ankle/shin in the absence of "both feet." It's clear to me it has to be left and right foot but there's the "or" to use other body parts as a sub.
I didn't see that. I must have been downstairs putting laundry in. But you know very well, the TV crew misses things pretty often, so I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket. Was this a TD or just a completed catch?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t know what to make of it. Maybe it means nothing, but I find it interesting that the Giants and Commanders are the only two teams in the entire NFL that have winning records (7-4, 7-5) with negative point differentials (-7, -3). And The Jaguars are the only team with a losing record (4-7) with a positive point differential (+12). Weird to see that this far into the season, I think.
A lot of close games, I guess.

TheHerd

Reaction score
the chiefs absolutely destroyed them on prime time, no way they are 1st, vikes, cowboys and eagles ahead. and the seahawks always seem to beat the 49ers
The Chiefs are head, shoulders, knees, and toes better than anyone else. If they need to focus they simply dominate. Mahommes is singular.

Now that they are healthy, SF has a better D than us, and ours is great. They have Deebo, Kittle, Ayuk, and now McCaffrey on offense, and they know how to call a game to keep Garapolo’s weaknesses from hurting them. Anything short of a Super Bowl appearance for them now would be a disappointment.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Healthy Bills are better than the Chiefs IMO. Chiefs are playing good ball right now though. It helps that their division really sucks.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Hmm, I can see that being questionable if his ankle/leg hadn't touched, but that wouldn't be what I'd consider 2 "steps" anyway. Like in the Dez catch, when it wasn't considered 3 steps as he went down.

Okay, not sure what you mean by "2 steps" then. It started with you saying a double toe tap or foot touching down with the same foot could be considered "both feet." I'm saying that "both feet" by the rules means left and right foot, not getting the same foot down twice. The "or" part of the rule is the escape hatch for receivers who can't get both feet down and the Jags TD was a good example of that.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Super Bowl bound Niners struggling with the mighty Saints while the Chiefs are in a fight with the Rams minor league team.

If only we had their coaches..... they dont let their teams take others lightly like ours do.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Okay, not sure what you mean by "2 steps" then. It started with you saying a double toe tap or foot touching down with the same foot could be considered "both feet." I'm saying that "both feet" by the rules means left and right foot, not getting the same foot down twice. The "or" part of the rule is the escape hatch for receivers who can't get both feet down and the Jags TD was a good example of that.
I think "steps" would included the bottom surface of the foot.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Could be dead last in the NFC when all is said and done. And still have no draft picks to look forward to for a couple years.

They probably figured things could go south pretty quick cashing in all their chips for a Super Bowl.