CFZ Early look at the LA Rams!

NickZepp

Reaction score
I'm no expert but I'm 100% certain this is close to their game plan. We are what 27th or 28th against the run? In fact, I'm looking for a game plan very similar to the playoff loss.
Is their line good enough to run? Hasn't been so far against anyone.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Still believe 49ers are better in the trenches then we are and have a special LB in coverage, which we do not.
49ers have the best defense in the NFL. We are close though. There Front Seven is what the Commanders are trying be. Wow!!!

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
You can bet your arse they will run it this week.
Better be ready Quinn and the DL .
After 130 yards last week , tighten up things this week, also pass rush has to repeatedly hit Stafford, he will make mistakes. & OL gear up against a good defense.

Creeper

Reaction score
Two keys to this game. Keep Kupp from getting away after the catch. give him the short passes but tackle him immediately. This is something the Cowboys have struggled with in the past.

The other key is Aaron Donald. He lined up on the left side against the 49ers but I have a feeling he will be on the defensive right side against Dallas. I think Peters can handle his power, but I am worried about Donald's quickness against the 41 year old Peters. I don't think McGovern can handle the power or the quickness of Donald. I think the Rams will use some line games to take advantage of McGovern and Smith on the left side.

If they can catch the Rams moving Donald around they can break a play here or there in the running game. I would stay committed to the run as long as the game is close.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Super Bowl Champs get respect but the Rams are not as talented as Commanders. Their offensive line is a mess and they lost two more players to injury Monday night (Fuller cornerback, and starting center for our game). They look like us back in the Romo era. Top flight Star players but horrible role players. I love our chances if the defense plays like it has all season. McVay does not trust his running backs. My fantasy team has suffered dearly with Akers.:laugh::facepalm:
Thus team has struggled badly against the Rams since McVay, need to see it to believe it

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I have to admit, only have seen the Rams play 2 games this season, here are some of my early thoughts about this week's opponent:

-Don't be fooled about last week's bad loss to the 49ers. The 49ers own the Rams over the last 3 seasons and lost a close game to them in the NFC Championship. They matchup real well. I believe they have a 7-3 record in the last 10 regular season games.

-Rams are a mash unit inside along their OL. Their new LT, Noteboom had serious struggles against Von Miller on opening night. LG/C and LT are the areas of weakness.

-McVay's offense has traditionally given the Cowboys run defense fits with all his misdirection. Their rushing attack is similar to the one the 49ers employ that gave us troubles in the playoffs last season. Good test for our run defense.

-Cooper Kupp is their first, second and third option. They line him up all over the field and McVay schemes ways to get him singled up. Will Quinn have Diggs travel? Will they try to double him on a given play. Higbee, not Allen Robinson is their best secondary option. Robinson has been real bad as a Ram thus far.

-Defensively of coarse Aaron Donald is a problem, but they also can generate pressure without the blitz and are a strong run defense led by Robinson and Bobby Wagner. Running the football is going to be tough sledding again this week.

-Yes, secondary has Jalen Ramsey, but he is beatable. Their other corner might not play and their strong safety is out. There should be opportunities in the passing game if they can hold up in protection.

Stafford is struggling and a lot I'm sure is because of the o-line. This is certainly a winnable game. If the Cowboys don't turn the ball over and play good special teams I think they win. Rams are going to struggle throwing the ball so I expect a lot of run plays.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Thus team has struggled badly against the Rams since McVay, need to see it to believe it
We lost a close in the playoffs against a team that went to the Super Bowl. Blew them out in Dallas the next season, then was robbed by a bad offensive pass interference call. I would not say struggled badly. We can beat them.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
We lost a close in the playoffs against a team that went to the Super Bowl. Blew them out in Dallas the next season, then was robbed by a bad offensive pass interference call. I would not say struggled badly. We can beat them.

You call that close playoff loss,… ;), All I remember was 230 yards of rushing by main RB and fat Andersson abusing our DL and secondary.
:laugh:

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Shocked to learn the Cowboys have scored one more point on the season than the Rams. Statistically, the Cowboys are better. But it’s difficult to take a backup quarterback on the road against the Champs.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Kupp had 14 catches for 100+ yards Sunday and they still didn't score a TD. In othwer words, we probably can give him his catches and take out the rest of Stafford's weapons. One thing is for sure, they are not the same team that won the Super Bowl.

Something is off with that offense and the cowboys will need a solid game plan to keep it that way. Hope Micah and the fella's sack that fool 5+ times.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Scheme has always given this defense fits, let’s see if Quinn does a better job!
Look at their stats this year against everyone and it's just not there. Maybe that changes this week. But again they haven't run the ball this year against anyone they've played and they haven't run it effectively.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Look at their stats this year against everyone and it's just not there. Maybe that changes this week. But again they haven't run the ball this year against anyone they've played and they haven't run it effectively.
I hope your right.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We know stopping the run is our defensive weakness, let's see how they handle all that misdirection this time.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The Rams have been one of the least effective teams in the league this season when it comes to running the football, averaging just about 69 yards a game & a little over three yards a carry.

And for as great as the Cowboys' D has been they have struggled to stop the run by allowing an average of five yards a carry & almost 138 yards a game.

Pacowboy1968

Reaction score
I have to admit, only have seen the Rams play 2 games this season, here are some of my early thoughts about this week's opponent:

-Don't be fooled about last week's bad loss to the 49ers. The 49ers own the Rams over the last 3 seasons and lost a close game to them in the NFC Championship. They matchup real well. I believe they have a 7-3 record in the last 10 regular season games.

-Rams are a mash unit inside along their OL. Their new LT, Noteboom had serious struggles against Von Miller on opening night. LG/C and LT are the areas of weakness.

-McVay's offense has traditionally given the Cowboys run defense fits with all his misdirection. Their rushing attack is similar to the one the 49ers employ that gave us troubles in the playoffs last season. Good test for our run defense.

-Cooper Kupp is their first, second and third option. They line him up all over the field and McVay schemes ways to get him singled up. Will Quinn have Diggs travel? Will they try to double him on a given play. Higbee, not Allen Robinson is their best secondary option. Robinson has been real bad as a Ram thus far.

-Defensively of coarse Aaron Donald is a problem, but they also can generate pressure without the blitz and are a strong run defense led by Robinson and Bobby Wagner. Running the football is going to be tough sledding again this week.

-Yes, secondary has Jalen Ramsey, but he is beatable. Their other corner might not play and their strong safety is out. There should be opportunities in the passing game if they can hold up in protection.

Pacowboy1968

Reaction score

Worried about the turnover battle in this game! Hopefully we get the strip sacks and not the other way around!