Early OT rankings for the 2021 NFL Draft

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'd have no problem taking a linebacker and QB for me doesn't come off the list of 1st rounrdoptions until Dak signs long term. I'd also add OC if there was a special player available.
The Cowboys can't waste this WR corps with a rookie QB.
That'd be malpractice.

Right now Dak and the WRs is all they have.
They have very banged up OL that can't run block and a defense relying solely upon it's pass rush to prevent giving up 500 yards passing per week.

DanA

Reaction score
The Cowboys can't waste this WR corps with a rookie QB.
That'd be malpractice.

Right now Dak and the WRs is all they have.
They have very banged up OL that can't run block and a defense relying solely upon it's pass rush to prevent giving up 500 yards passing per week.

While I agree it’s not something Cowboys control with Dak our of contract.

bodi

Reaction score
Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State
Height: 6-6. Weight: 301.

Brady Christensen*, OT, BYU
Height: 6-6. Weight: 300.

Myron Cunningham, OT, Arkansas
Height: 6-7. Weight: 293.

cowboyec

Reaction score
alex leatherwood,alabama
alaric jackson,iowa

just give me one of them.
please and thank you.

bodi

Reaction score
might have to go with our number one pick

Penei Sewell | Oregon
Alex Leatherwood | Alabama
Samuel Cosmi | Texas

VACowboy

Reaction score
With Tyron likely out for the season and maybe longer I think we're maybe looking at a top-5 pick, and if he's there Penei Sewell is my preference. What timing. We coulda added a monster to the defense.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Will be VERY hard to replace Tyron outside the top 10 but you can find a really good RT at 25.

Dallas could go back to the UT well and get Sam Cosmi. He's big and athletic and needs to add strength. But he could probably be a swing OT year 1/2 then ascend to LT eventually.

Round 1 options I'd like: S, CB, TE, OT, DT, Pass Rusher
Round 1 options I'd avoid: QB, RB, WR, inside LB
At 25? It’s going to be really easy at 5 which is about where we’ll be picking. Hopefully we only win the ATL game and we’re in the TL sweepstakes so we can trade down for added picks. That means we need to sign Dak before the draft.

bodi

Reaction score
Penei Sewell

is athletic as hell

Height, weight: 6-foot-6, 330 pounds (school measurements).

He reminds me of: Taylor Lewan coming out of Michigan. Both of them have ideal frames and play with a nasty temperament. Sewell plays with more power, while Lewan was a little more athletic adjusting in space. Lewan has proven to be one of the league's best offensive tackles when he's dialed in and focused, making the Pro Bowl in three of his six seasons. I see the same potential for Sewell.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'd have no problem taking a linebacker and QB for me doesn't come off the list of 1st rounrdoptions until Dak signs long term. I'd also add OC if there was a special player available.
If you draft QB early the rest of what you draft don't matter cause you'll be rebuilding for 2-3 years minimum.

They may be forced to go ILB if LVE isn't healthy.
At some point they will need to rely on some of the injured guys to be healthy next year as you only have so many meaningful picks.

In a depressed FA market hopefully they can capitalize and add some meaningful pieces not guys who can't even make the cut.