Image: Early Schedule Predictions(Floor and Ceiling version)

DandyDon52

Reaction score
well it will be out may 11th.
I doubt nyg is first game. one of the other playoff teams, hopefully phil will be first game.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's my prediction:

1. NYG (SNF)
  2. @ CAR
  3. @ BUF
  4. DET
  5. @ WAS (MNF)
  6. PHI (SNF)
  7. SEA
  8. BYE
  9. @ MIA
  10. @ARI
  11. @ NYG
  12. NYJ (Thanksgiving)
  13. @ LAC (TNF)
  14. @ SF (SNF)
  15. NE
  16. LAR
  17. @ PHI
  18. WAS
5 of 6 on the road….seems like something the NFL would do.
However 3 of 4 at home to finish the season..I would love it. But that is not what the NFL has done for as long as we have not been to the SB.

For once I would like 2 games at home to finish the season.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last year, they made the Eagles play three road games in a 13-day timespan. Never underestimate the NFL's ability to screw over a team. Might be our turn this year.
Just this year our turn?
Try every year is our turn. :lmao:

Actually overall they have not been as bad the last 3 years as they usually were.
we had a lot of road games with only 1 home game last season and 3 road games in a road as well. But I think we also had 3 home games in a row.
Would need to look it up.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Easy home schedule, brutal road schedule. They'll win 10-12 games and be right in the conversation for the division.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
5 of 6 on the road….seems like something the NFL would do.
However 3 of 4 at home to finish the season..I would love it. But that is not what the NFL has done for as long as we have not been to the SB.

For once I would like 2 games at home to finish the season.
I'd love that as well, but I doubt they do it. I think the best they'd do is give us several home games to close out the season.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Bolts 9ers bills Jets lions fish sounds like 2-4
Depends. Does Kellen call a crap game against us? Do the 9ers have a healthy QB yet? does A-A-Ron continue his decline? Are Tua's brains scrambled by the time we play them? Lots could happen. We could go 2-4 in those game or we could go 6-0

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depends. Does Kellen call a crap game against us? Do the 9ers have a healthy QB yet? does A-A-Ron continue his decline? Are Tua's brains scrambled by the time we play them? Lots could happen. We could go 2-4 in those game or we could go 6-0
Add the injury list of the Cowboys to that as well. What's the floor/ceiling on games Tyron Smith can play in?

Verdict

Reaction score
we got a tough year to play the AFC East - all four of those games will be tough....eagles best we can hope for is a split, lions trending up, 49ers always tough...10 to 12 wins feels about right so I will go with 11...
This is an up and down league. I think the Eagles regress towards the mean this year.

I am a Hurts fan. I wanted the Cowboys to draft him when he came out. It is possible that Hurts would have bumped Dak off of the roster by now.

Having said that, I don’t think Hurts is an MVP level QB at this point. They are now paying Hurts to be the best in the game. The Eagles will be hard pressed to continue with the success that they have had recently.

As a side note the 49ers draft appears to offer little in the way of restocking the shelves.

Verdict

Reaction score
Add the injury list of the Cowboys to that as well. What's the floor/ceiling on games Tyron Smith can play in?
I don’t consider Tyron to be a factor in the record this year. I am factoring him in at a near zero. Even if he plays he is a shell of his former self.

Floor 10-7
Ceiling 13-4

That’s barring any of the top 7 most critical guys going down with a significant injury. Floor is much lower if any of the following get IR’ed for the year:

Dak
Tyler Smith
Cee Dee Lamb
Parsons
Mazi Smith
Hankins
Steele

You lose Dak and it’s clearly ballgame over. You lose one of the above other than Dak it’s bad news. You lose any two of those guys it is going to be a long season.

It always hurts to lose a player but I think otherwise this team has enough depth to continue to move toward its goal of winning a SB.

I didn’t add Pollard or Martin to that list because although they would leave massive holes I think we could manage to plug those holes.