Reaction score
I’d rank the Cowboys 5th

1) Chiefs
2) Colts
3) Falcons
4) Patriots
5) Cowboys
6) Rams

Let's see.......... better odds than the team that just played in the SB that has beaten us the last two seasons. Makes sense.

Chiefs, Pats, Chargers, Rams, Colts, Saints, Bears.......... all should have better odds. Then put us in the mix with the Texans, Seahawks, Vikings and Packers.

And the Falcons are overrated on your list. If the Jags can get Foles or even Flacco, they could be underrated.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Let's see.......... better odds than the team that just played in the SB that has beaten us the last two seasons.

Makes sense.

And the Falcons are overrated on your list.
Rams have salary cap issues. Likely will lose either their starting LT or Suh if not both. Teams also have started to make counters to Goff. He is like Dak at end of last year. Might take him a bit to get back to where he was first 9 games of this year.

Matt Ryan threw for 4,900 yards, 35 TD and 7 INT this year. Their defense was decimated by injury. Lost 4 starters to IR seemingly by week 3.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
If you watch the video they have the Cowboys at 20:1, but latest odds posted today have them at 16:1. People already betting on next year, lol.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Meh. I wonder what the odds are of coming out of the NFC.

I do want to see what they put Cowboys wins over/under at for 2019. I'd put it at 9, if it's 8.5 I'll probably take it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The Cowboys are 10th in the NFL in win percentage since 2003. The 9 teams ahead of them have all won (at least) one Super Bowl during that time.

Dallas hasn't even reached a conference championship game. :facepalm:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The recent history the Cowboys must overcome....
  • They haven’t made the playoffs in back-to-back seasons since 2006-2007
  • They haven’t won back-to-back division titles since 1994-1995
  • They have hosted a division round playoff game only twice the last 23 seasons- 2007 and 2016, and they lost both.
So should the Cowboys be early favorites for anything? Not based on recent history. Hopefully they can change history in 2019.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
  • They have hosted a division round playoff game only twice the last 23 seasons- 2007 and 2016, and they lost both.
So should the Cowboys be early favorites for anything? Not based on recent history. Hopefully they can change history in 2019.
wouldn't be a bit surprised if they don't even make the playoffs

erod

Reaction score
Except in years when they aren't overvalued like they were prior to the 2018 season. And your explanation was that they weren't a Top Ten odds team because of factors from the previous season............. hence you shot your own theory in the foot.

Shot nothing in the foot. Vegas can afford to be more generous with their odds when the team is more fatally flawed. Now, they're not quite so flawed, and Vegas knows a ton of action is coming on Dallas. Hence, why they cover themselves by reducing the payout. Just in case.

Especially with a bunch of cap space lying there that hasn't been used yet.

erod

Reaction score

It's been 14 years since the same team won the division twice in a row.

Flamma

Reaction score
It's kinda dumb to make predictions before free agency moves by teams and the draft.
Oddsmakers don't care about that. They are just trying to get people to place bets.

Both of you are right. But if you're going to bet now, now would be the best time to pick a longshot. I don't mean Jets/Bills type longshot. I mean teams with relatively high odds but within striking distance like the Falcons or Jags.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both of you are right. But if you're going to bet now, now would be the best time to pick a longshot. I don't mean Jets/Bills type longshot. I mean teams with relatively high odds but within striking distance like the Falcons or Jags.

Not a bad thought. If one of those teams has a great draft and/or picks up some key free agents, you might not get the same odds. Of course, if they don't have a good draft and/or pick up quality free agents, and others within their division do, then you may be stuck with a bad bet.