East Coast Bias?

ryanbabs

Reaction score
First of all, I have tremendous respect for Philly and the fight they showed, but why do I keep on hearing that the Eagles hung right with us even as their top two starting WR's were out? Do they really think there is a tremendous leap between any of their receivers? I would argue that their #1 receiver (Jackson) was playing and we had several guys out.

Also misconstrued is the play of our defense. Why do I keep hearing that our defense is "suspect" at best but Philly's defense is so great (they allowed 34 points not including Felix's TD)? We allowed 23 points (not including Romo's touchdown to the Eagles and a bogus interference call) and only 7 pts in the 4th. We also handed them about two football fields worth of penalties...
I guess our offense is just that respected...:bow:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly, anyone can say what they want .. the ONLY thing that matters to me at this point in the year is that the Cowboys are 2-0 and 1-0 in the division while the Eagles are 1-1 and 0-1 in the division. They can say whatever makes them feel better about themselves or sleep better at night.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
It's not East Coast bias it's just H-A-T-E (or maybe just high expectations) being thrown at the Boys! You know, after we've been touted as the S/B champs in the offseason we can do nothing to "impress" the mediots out there now. Any and every error will be dissected and if we're not perfect, we'll hear about it! We don't even have to lose on the field for the writers to act like we lost in their articles! Any game that's close will be treated like a loss...which isn't a totally bad thing because that must mean we're pretty damn good!

Boysboy

Reaction score
ryanbabs;2269114 said:
First of all, I have tremendous respect for Philly and the fight they showed, but why do I keep on hearing that the Eagles hung right with us even as their top two starting WR's were out? Do they really think there is a tremendous leap between any of their receivers? I would argue that their #1 receiver (Jackson) was playing and we had several guys out.

Also misconstrued is the play of our defense. Why do I keep hearing that our defense is "suspect" at best but Philly's defense is so great (they allowed 34 points not including Felix's TD)? We allowed 23 points (not including Romo's touchdown to the Eagles and a bogus interference call) and only 7 pts in the 4th. We also handed them about two football fields worth of penalties...
I guess our offense is just that respected...:bow:

Well-remember last year when the Iggs went toe-toe with those almighty Patriots. Subsequently, the media was harping them up as Super Bowl contenders.

Guess what happened next? They got beat AT HOME by those "almighty" Seahawks the week after.:laugh1:

TX_Yid

Reaction score
Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis are both #2 receivers at best. Big loss!

Playing without your starting LG and a CB like Newman (for the most part) has a much biger impact.

Boysboy

Reaction score
TX_Yid;2269150 said:
Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis are both #2 receivers at best. Big loss!

Playing without your starting LG and a CB like Newman (for the most part) has a much biger impact.

Yep-while Proctor has done a nice job, if Kozier was in there, I doubt that holding penalty would have happened(hence the 57 yard completion to Owens would have happened).

And if Newman had been healthy, who knows? We may not have played those zone schemes, especially the one where Jackson got a big gain off of.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Until we can get past last years disaster, we will continue to be scrutinized.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It's not East Coast Bias. It's expectations.

The Cowboys have 13 Pro Bowlers, for Pete's sake. They have PacMan Jones and DeMarcus Ware and Terance Newman. Their roster is stocked.

So if any team plays well against the Cowboys, and that team is considered a "contender," they will be measured against the Cowboys. And that team will be hailed as being worthy to take the next step because Dallas is considered the class of the NFC.

If a team like the Bengals stays with us, it will be viewed negatively against the Cowboys because the Bengals aren't contenders like the Eagles.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tyke1doe;2269305 said:
It's not East Coast Bias. It's expectations.

The Cowboys have 13 Pro Bowlers, for Pete's sake. They have PacMan Jones and DeMarcus Ware and Terance Newman. Their roster is stocked.

So if any team plays well against the Cowboys, and that team is considered a "contender," they will be measured against the Cowboys. And that team will be hailed as being worthy to take the next step because Dallas is considered the class of the NFC.

If a team like the Bengals stays with us, it will be viewed negatively against the Cowboys because the Bengals aren't contenders like the Eagles.

Well, the Eagles are contenders, but it's still viewed negatively against Dallas that they stayed with us. They're calling the Dallas D suspect, but hailing Philly for hanging in there while giving up 41 points.