News: Eatman: After Dominant Win, It’s Time To Give Praise To These Coaches, Too

CCBoy

Reaction score
Eatman: After Dominant Win, It’s Time To Give Praise To These Coaches, Too

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2016/10/09/eatman-after-dominant-win-it’s-time-give-praise-these-coaches-too

ARLINGTON, Texas – OK, we’ve officially reached that point in this unexpected season.

Everyone else has already received plenty of praise. By now, we’ve just come to expect Dak Prescott will play better this week than last. We’re expecting Ezekiel Elliott to continue his beast-like ways.

And better yet, we’re expecting the Cowboys to win – even though the Las Vegas oddsmakers didn’t, and most of the local media beat writers picked against the Cowboys.

But this team is starting to make believers out of everyone, with or without superstar players in the lineup.

So that being said, after the Cowboys dominated the Bengals from start to finish to win their fourth straight game and claim sole possession of first place in the NFC East, it’s about time we give credit where credit is due:

The coaching staff is doing an amazing job.

Yes, the coaches – the guys that usually get handed out praise after everyone else – are absolutely making a major difference with this team this year...

waving monkey

Reaction score
I know it was hard watching this slow retooling of the team but we are so close.
Garrett has the qualities to put it all together.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Ive been hard on Garrett for years, he has done a great job with this team, these guys play hard for him.
I see it as they are playing well for themselves.

Not so much they are playing hard for him.

This team has gotten some character as a whole..

stuff they should have had last year when we had our problems.

But it's manifesting now.

Better late than never.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I see it as they are playing well for themselves.

Not so much they are playing hard for him.

This team has gotten some character as a whole..

stuff they should have had last year when we had our problems.

But it's manifesting now.

Better late than never.

Were Elliott, Prescott, Maliek Collins, Brown, and hopefully Smith...worth it?

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
After last season its very premature to heap praise on any of them. But, so far this team has looked competent.

Proximo

Reaction score
They absolutely deserve credit. They learned from last year's debacle. Who knew we'd be sitting at 4-1 having just crushed a team with a legit defense, without Romo or Dez on the field? Very fun season so far.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Over the years I've been critical of the coaching I've been critical of the scouts and talent evaluators and I've been critical as heck of Jerry

I am amazed at all facets of the organization and congratulations to all of them

There I got it out I have to go take a shower but it's out there:flagwave:

rwalters31

Reaction score
Eatman: After Dominant Win, It’s Time To Give Praise To These Coaches, Too

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2016/10/09/eatman-after-dominant-win-it’s-time-give-praise-these-coaches-too

ARLINGTON, Texas – OK, we’ve officially reached that point in this unexpected season.

Everyone else has already received plenty of praise. By now, we’ve just come to expect Dak Prescott will play better this week than last. We’re expecting Ezekiel Elliott to continue his beast-like ways.

And better yet, we’re expecting the Cowboys to win – even though the Las Vegas oddsmakers didn’t, and most of the local media beat writers picked against the Cowboys.

But this team is starting to make believers out of everyone, with or without superstar players in the lineup.

So that being said, after the Cowboys dominated the Bengals from start to finish to win their fourth straight game and claim sole possession of first place in the NFC East, it’s about time we give credit where credit is due:

The coaching staff is doing an amazing job.

Yes, the coaches – the guys that usually get handed out praise after everyone else – are absolutely making a major difference with this team this year...

The coaches have let Dak drive the bus and it has worked. This is the best thing they could have done. As a coaching thing this is what was missing last year with the backups. Now that other teams have a model to go by, I expect other teams to scheme for him and his learning of how to read defenses.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can be highly critical of this coaching staff, but I will also give credit where credit is obviously due.

From top to bottom, this staff is doing a phenomenal job. I hope each and every one of my past criticisms is proven to be false. I don't mind looking bad personally if it means this team is winning.

:clap:

Doomsay

Reaction score
That was amazing - I really don't know what to expect on almost any given play. Very different experience watching this 2016 offense.