News: Eatman: Without The Stand, There is No Final Drive

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eatman: Without The Stand, There is No Final Drive

msh2ofzif4g0vemmvcbp

The 98-yard game-winning drive doesn t happen without the defensive stand on the previous series.

Houston played arguably its best game of the season, especially on defense. The Cowboys played one of their worst games since the Week 1 debacle against the Buccaneers.

At least that game was against Tom Brady and a team not too far removed from winning a Super Bowl. This game was against a couple of quarterbacks, one of whom wasn't even on the roster until the weekend. And the Texans overall had won just a single game, but yet the combination of Davis Mills and Jeff Driskel was giving the Cowboys everything they wanted.

That is, until the Cowboys decided to make a stand ... a defensive stand.

As much as you'll read about the 98-yard game-winning drive, it doesn't happen at all without the defensive effort in the final four minutes with their backs against the proverbial wall.

Read Full Story

Bagman

Reaction score
Agreed. This was the kind of defensive stand those teams of the 70s made on a regular basis. I can remember watching the Boys steal games they had no right to winning. This was the regular formula for Captain Comeback Roger Staubach. And before you ask, YES I'm that old.

Reaction score
I agree with the writer that the Turpin fumble completely flipped the game. If he holds onto that ball, I believe the Cowboys blow them out.

But these are mistakes that kill you in the playoffs. And why I cannot trust this team to make a run.

That Turpin fumble is who this team is way too often

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with the writer that the Turpin fumble completely flipped the game. If he holds onto that ball, I believe the Cowboys blow them out.

But these are mistakes that kill you in the playoffs. And why I cannot trust this team to make a run.

That Turpin fumble is who this team is way too often

That's a weak excuse. If you fold off of one turnover in the first quarter against the worst team in the league you aren't a real contender.

stinkface

Reaction score
Well, if it wasn't for Steele Getting hurt then Ball wouldn't have been in there and Dak wouldn't have been hit on the arm causing the interception which led to having to do the miracle last stand.

Reaction score
That's a weak excuse. If you fold off of one turnover in the first quarter against the worst team in the league you aren't a real contender.
That's my point. I don't see this team at the 49ers/Eagles level. We are a few steps down. The Vikings/Colts games were great. Then I see the Packers/Texans games and think this team can't go anywhere.

Now we have Steele probably done for the year. Peters will probably move over. But relying on a 40 year old is shaky at best.

I cannot trust this team. Even against that dumpster fire Bucs team. Because of Tom Brady.

Sure it's a weak excuse. But that's who the Cowboys are

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
That stand was incredible. I thought the game was over when they got that int.
But I felt they could drive down for a score once Dallas got the stop.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
That's my point. I don't see this team at the 49ers/Eagles level. We are a few steps down. The Vikings/Colts games were great. Then I see the Packers/Texans games and think this team can't go anywhere.

Now we have Steele probably done for the year. Peters will probably move over. But relying on a 40 year old is shaky at best.

I cannot trust this team. Even against that dumpster fire Bucs team. Because of Tom Brady.

Sure it's a weak excuse. But that's who the Cowboys are
Those 2 teams you mentioned have both had similar games to Dallas. Actually one of them has more loses than Dallas.