Eckel: Matthews, Robinson cream of offensive line crop in NFL Draft

RS12

Reaction score
Here’s a look at the top offensive line prospects with comments from the experts.

Jake Matthews, Texas A&M, 6-foot-5, 308 pounds

“You can’t go wrong with him,” the NFC personnel man said. “Take him and don’t worry about anything. You have a left tackle for the next whatever many years.”

“I think he’s the more polished of the two,” the NFC scout said. “He’s a real good technician. He has the bloodlines. He’s going to be very good.”

“Power, balance, agility, he has it all,” the AFC executive said. “He’s a top five pick.”

Greg Robinson, Auburn, 6-5, 332

“He’s really, really good,” the NFC personnel man said. “He just mashes you. From a pure talent standpoint, I think he’s the best.”

“Phenomenal,” the scout said. “In my opinion, he’s the best. He should go very high.”

“He’s enormous, but he’s light on his feet,” the executive said. “He’ll anchor himself and just stone you.”

Zack Martin, Notre Dame, 6-4, 308

“I love him,” the personnel man said. “Everyone wants to move him inside (to guard). I would just leave him outside (at tackle). He can stop pass rushers. He’s smart. He’s athletic. He’s strong. He’s just a damn good player.”

http://www.nj.com/times-sports/index.ssf/2014/04/eckel_matthews_robinson_cream.html