Twitter: Ed Hochuli retiring from NFL

Juggernaut

Reaction score
tenor.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
One of Hochili’s most memorable Cowboy games was the 1993 Thanksgiving game in the snow against Miami.

The one where Leon Lett fumbled or touched the block field goal which Miami retained possession then Miami kicked the winning field goal.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Without Hochuli, some ref will have to step up and start juicing and show off his guns during the game.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Frees up an opportunity for someone else to be hired and hated by millions of people.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hochuli was overall pretty good, I don't remember too many Cowboy games he did where the officiating was one sided.

He usually tried to even out the penalties, or at least it seemed like that.

I will miss his guns, it was always hilarious watching the games he officiated when his biceps were just as big as the players:laugh:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dam, I just looked up his age and he is 67:omg:

Dude had to be juicing, almost 70 yrs old and has biceps the size of pythons:laugh:

FST_Post_Ed_Hochuli.jpg

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Of greater consequence is that Jeff Triplette is also retiring. That guy was the worst referee in the league by a mile.

I will never forget the Orlando Brown and Triplette incident. From that day, I swear 80% of the horrible calls I watched live or by replay involved Triplette. He didn't even look like he should have been out there. Hunched and timid as all hell. There were times where he didn't even look coordinated enough to carry out the signals of what he was calling.

I assume he's a good person and all, but I'm glad I won't have to watch his horrendous calls ever again. His ruling on the Felix fumble in Green Bay was a real controversy, and he could barely enunciate what that ruling was.