Twitter: Ed Werder done at ESPN

Praxit

Reaction score
..wasnt this guy an instigator for Dallas news? Takes little things and blows em' up?

lkelly

Reaction score
He should see if he can get a job as lead reporter for the print version of Sports Illustrated.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Linda Cohn is about the same age (born in 1959 or 1960).
Yet she still has her anchor gig on ESPN's "Sportscenter".
Her bosses made that call. Ed didn't get that benefit. God bless him if he thinks he's got more to give. I wish for him the opportunity to do as he wishes.

Motorola

Reaction score
..wasnt this guy an instigator for Dallas news? Takes little things and blows em' up?
He should see if he can get a job as lead reporter for the print version of Sports Illustrated.
Voluntary?
Her bosses made that call. Ed didn't get that benefit. God bless him if he thinks he's got more to give. I wish for him the opportunity to do as he wishes.
Werder was a longtime sports reporter for DMN and FTWST covering the Cowboys before getting the ESPN slot that covered the team (similar to Sal Paolantonio's career with the Eagles).
A cost-effective move to go with younger people in the business just starting out = cheaper salary.
e
Expect it will happen to others within ESPN who were the longtime conduits for other NFL teams.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Why isn't the Justice Department suing ESPN over monopolizing sports media? It's a case of a corporation so huge that they simply take over all the competition. Disney/FoxSports/ESPN/ABC/NFLN. ALL one company now.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Why isn't the Justice Department suing ESPN over monopolizing sports media? It's a case of a corporation so huge that they simply take over all the competition. Disney/FoxSports/ESPN/ABC/NFLN. ALL one company now.
I think media consolidation is a major problem in general.

That being said. When it comes to the sports media. As big as Disney/espn/abc is. There’s still lots of viable competition from CBS ans NBC

Although if things keep up. It could keep consolidating that wouldn’t be good for U.S. consumers. That’s for sure.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ed was a class act. Anytime we saw him knew it was related to the Cowboys.

He covered us during the worst era in Cowboys football the last 28 years.

I think many fans held him responsible for a negative vibe of the Cowboys but he was just reporting reality which wasn’t always pretty.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Another ‘makes me feel old’ moment. All the sportscasters, writers and radio hosts I grew up on have retired.

John813

Reaction score
Another ‘makes me feel old’ moment. All the sportscasters, writers and radio hosts I grew up on have retired.
My exact thought.

Not so sad that he's no longer on ESPN, moreso that it's a long time face no longer being on the TV/X when it comes to the Cowboys.
At least for Ed's sake, he's still kicking it. Was a bummer hearing about ESPN guys like Stuart Scott, Mort, Clayton and Saunders passing on.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ed was a class act. Anytime we saw him knew it was related to the Cowboys.

He covered us during the worst era in Cowboys football the last 28 years.

I think many fans held him responsible for a negative vibe of the Cowboys but he was just reporting reality which wasn’t always pretty.
Same people that are mad at him for a negative vibe also hate Mickey for always blowing sunshine. Considering the epic failure of the past 28 years that is the Dallas Cowboys, I feel like Ed did a pretty solid job reporting what we are.

Rayman70

Reaction score
R.b63c95c9fe9db63d6a7525eb68ea4994

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Never understood when people want to keep working, if they have the means for retirement. Especially at his age
I am 68 and never understand why people don't keep working if they love their job. I have been in the same line of work for 47 years and while I have slowed down due to age I still enjoy getting up every morning and working. Of course I mostly work from home and for myself so I don't have to answer to anyone. (other than my wife) I will work until my mind and body goes. What else am I going to do? I don't golf. My body won't let me play tennis anymore. Not interested in pickle ball. Go to work. Always something to do.

Aven8

Reaction score
Ed actually lives in Flower Mound, TX a suburb in DFW for those that don’t live here.