Ed Werder, Hater or just a jerK?

dscj

Reaction score
I just got done watching the 3rd or 4th espn piece by werder and it always strikes me that he is constantly putting the cowboys down. Or showing them in a bad light. A bigger question to me is if you are the cowboys why do you give access to these reporters that are constantly putting you organization in a bad light? This is directed right at werder, who i think makes half his living by poking at the cowboys. Is it me? Am i making more out of it than it is? Or is he just annoying?
:starspin

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
its you, werder is the last guy in the media I would call a cowboys hater

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
idk about Werder, but from some reports from Adam Schefter, I'd guess that Schefter has a huge manlove for the Cowboys.

not everyone hates us...

JerryFan

Reaction score
dscj;1699861 said:
I just got done watching the 3rd or 4th espn piece by werder and it always strikes me that he is constantly putting the cowboys down. Or showing them in a bad light. A bigger question to me is if you are the cowboys why do you give access to these reporters that are constantly putting you organization in a bad light? This is directed right at werder, who i think makes half his living by poking at the cowboys. Is it me? Am i making more out of it than it is? Or is he just annoying?

LOL. I bet you hate the fact that ESPN shows us no love also aren't you?

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
Here are some notorious Cowboys haters:
Skip Brainless
Chris Berman
Joe Theissman
Chris Myers(that ****** from Fox sports may indeed be the biggest one)
Tony Bruno(too bad...I like his show)

rexrobinson

Reaction score
Chris Myers hates the Cowboys more than all of them combined.

Just remember these guys are not experts nor reporters. They are the sports version of E!

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yeah, it's weird, because Ed lives in Dallas.

I don't think he necessarily hates the Cowboys, but he definitely finds the negative angle in everything. I wish I could remember the joke they were telling one day on Galloway's show about how even in the mid-90s glory days, Ed always managed found a disaster at Valley Ranch. They were saying that if you just saw Ed's reports, you'd think those Super Bowl team were 4-12.

Angus

Reaction score
dscj;1699861 said:

What Ed Werder says or does shouldn't bother anybody -- because it makes no difference what he says or does. It is just hot air and make-believe that doesn't change a thing.

:)

rexrobinson

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1699903 said:
Yeah, it's weird, because Ed lives in Dallas.

I don't think he necessarily hates the Cowboys, but he definitely finds the negative angle in everything. I wish I could remember the joke they were telling one day on Galloway's show about how even in the mid-90s glory days, Ed always managed found a disaster at Valley Ranch. They were saying that if you just saw Ed's reports, you'd think those Super Bowl team were 4-12.

Him and Skip Bayless were doing this in the 90's and ESPN gobbled up everything they have to offer and both are big names on that network.

If you look at the history of nearly every so called journalist on ESPN you find a back story that resembles Skip Bayless and Ed Werder.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1699882 said:
It has no outcome on game performance so who cares?

neither does 90% of what is talked about around here......

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Taps-n-1;1699916 said:
grandma!?!... you're texting too much!

:laugh2:

Sorry about that. I really don't text much though. I'm more of an instant messenger.

kmd24

Reaction score
Successful reporters on the national level chase hype and controversy because the general public eats both up. Ed's just good at his job.