Ed Werder: Romo didn't show up for medical treatment today

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Ed Werder is on Galloway & Co. and he said that he talked to coaches at Valley Ranch and they said Tony Romo didn't show up to get any special treatment on his thumb today. He believes this indicates that the thumb is not that bad.

However, Werder said that he is a little suprised that people are not more concerned about the injury.

FCBarca

Reaction score
It's true, you'd think there would be a lot more media 'hype' on this injury as it's on his throwing hand and, well let's face it, he didn't look very sharp.

I'd be more concerned if there was a ligament or tendon tear in his hand...Then you're looking at possibly losing your MVP.

If you can't grip a football properly, not sure how he's going to be making the right throws...I keep replaying that fumble by Tony in my mind when he was about to bring his throwing arm forward and the ball simply slipped out...THAT is when I wanted Brad Johnson in and I started to worry about it

Woods

Reaction score
FCBarca;1840629 said:
It's true, you'd think there would be a lot more media 'hype' on this injury as it's on his throwing hand and, well let's face it, he didn't look very sharp.

I'd be more concerned if there was a ligament or tendon tear in his hand...Then you're looking at possibly losing your MVP.

If you can't grip a football properly, not sure how he's going to be making the right throws...I keep replaying that fumble by Tony in my mind when he was about to bring his throwing arm forward and the ball simply slipped out...THAT is when I wanted Brad Johnson in and I started to worry about it

But if he didn't show up to get any special treatment, maybe it really isn't all that bad. Perhaps just a minor sprain? I'm sure if it was serious enough Romo would have gotten treatment.

This could be one of those types of injuries you just have to deal with the rest of the season. And it hopefully improves over the next few weeks.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1840595 said:
Ed Werder is on Galloway & Co. and he said that he talked to coaches at Valley Ranch and they said Tony Romo didn't show up to get any special treatment on his thumb today. He believes this indicates that the thumb is not that bad.

However, Werder said that he is a little suprised that people are not more concerned about the injury.
Ed Werder doesn't know me. I am lighting candles and chanting "om mane padme om."

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
I'm not liking all this thumb Shiznit. if romo and the cowboys dont get to the superbowl the media is gonna bring up the freaken thumb over n over. to the pt. where there gonna be stating to start B. Johnson over Romo if hes hurt.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
kØwbØy;1840671 said:
I'm not liking all this thumb Shiznit. if romo and the cowboys dont get to the superbowl the media is gonna bring up the freaken thumb over n over. to the pt. where there gonna be stating to start B. Johnson over Romo if hes hurt.

I think the situation would have to be extremely grave for people to start wanting Johnson to come into the game.

If the thumb injury is serious and if Romo is clearly shows signs that it is bothering him, then Johnson may have to be considered.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hostile;1840668 said:
Ed Werder doesn't know me. I am lighting candles and chanting "om mane padme om."

So long as you don't start sacraficing the family pets to Pegan Deites, your probably still well within the limites of the average Football fan.

;)

kmd24

Reaction score
Let the Kurt Warner comparisons/prognostications begin...

superpunk

Reaction score
In addition, he failed to show up to play against the Eagles on Sunday.

I'm getting a little worried.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
PosterChild;1840713 said:
Start Brad Johnson now.

He is the future.

Just remember...Drew Bledsoe is only a call away :laugh2: .

Wouldn't that be crazy?

Remember when Parcells use to talk about if he needed to fill a position he knew some old players not in the league anymore who he could call up?

seniorette

Reaction score

I'lm at a loss here, the injury was 24 hours ago. He had a cast on it this morning in the picture on DMN. What more could they do to it in 24 hours? Or was that just a bandage they put on last night? Oh well, he is probably at home watching ESPN plan his love life for him. There was a 1,000 blondes in that place with Romo shirts on and none of them were his guest. She set the trap and everyone is eating the cheese. While Tony is out with the brunette.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;1840668 said:

It doesn't work unless you sit with your legs crossed in your lap. :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Just a bandage. I would have to think if his was something major that Tony would be having it treated.

Woods

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1840732 said:
Just a bandage. I would have to think if his was something major that Tony would be having it treated.

And for what it's worth, JJ seemed to be relieved that it wasn't too serious either.

And considering JJ just paid him $67.5mm . . . . I'm sure he's got the inside scoop from the trainers. :D

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score

He's probably just soaking it in something at home.

joseephuss

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1840721 said:
Just remember...Drew Bledsoe is only a call away :laugh2: .

Wouldn't that be crazy?

Remember when Parcells use to talk about if he needed to fill a position he knew some old players not in the league anymore who he could call up?

I will cut the lines at Valley Ranch if they even think about calling Bledsoe.