Ed Werder & The Dallas Cowboys

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Since when did Werder once again become the go-to Cowboys guy? We get news faster and better, and have more insight to everything Cowboys usually wayyyy before Werder starts his yappin. Major news comes our way and all of a sudden people start quoting Werder tweets like its gold.
Every other minute I'm seeing or hearing him. Werder is a Clown and he's almost always wrong!

For a period there it seemed like Werder was either being fed bad information or had a bad source. Then he went away for a while. Maybe he's been talking about the Cowboys since then, but I haven't really seen it until now, when he actually comes out with some good information.

I'm wondering if he burned a bridge, but either than source has now forgiven him or he's found a new one.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ed Werner hasn’t worked for ESPN for almost two years now.
my bad then.. He work for Fox or NFL network? seen him on TV recently,just cant recall the channel. My memory plays tricks on me in my middle-age-ness. lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
today is popcorn day isn't it? Boy I could do with a good ole fashioned carnival style Flogging publicly of Spagnola. Just like the old west

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since when did Werder once again become the go-to Cowboys guy? We get news faster and better, and have more insight to everything Cowboys usually wayyyy before Werder starts his yappin. Major news comes our way and all of a sudden people start quoting Werder tweets like its gold.
Every other minute I'm seeing or hearing him. Werder is a Clown and he's almost always wrong!
He wasn't wrong back in 07 with his reliable source, which was either someone talking out of school or planted there to get the information out. These reporters don't uncover these stories, they're handed to them.

Some teams and even the league uses certain people in the media. Ever see a player suspended without it being "leaked" first? Me neither and that always puzzles me and the only reason I can think of is if they leak it, that softens the blow when it really happens.

Werder has the Cowboys as his beat team and it is a symbiotic relationship with just enough not so flattering blurbs to retain credibility for him but it seldom goes too far. He has a long standing relationship with them.

One of my old friends in sports radio in Dallas told me that most of them thought the "reliable source" back then was the son attempting to orchestrate Phillips exit and Garrett's entrance, which is exactly what happened. It was all about Phillips had lost the team and because Booger follows all of that media stuff, he was an easy sale.

Then there is this interesting tidbit. Remember when that mysterious video of Dez in some parking lot was in the news right before his contract was coming up? Same guy told me that they felt Werder knew it was the Cowboys laying that out there and his relationship with the Joneses kept him from exposing that. Everything about that smelled fishy.

cowboyfan4lyfe

Reaction score
There’s always Mickey “Jones” Spagnola, LOL! If you want to know what Jerry wants the discussion to be about, go to DallasCowboys.com and check out Mickey’s “kool-aide”. He’s so far up Jerry’s behind he could tell you what Jerry had for breakfast.
To me Broddaus has more news than Spags. I like Werder's podcast. Werder at his best when the team is losing

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
X643fBT.jpg

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It’s pretty hilarious the folks taking shots at Werder. He reported some news that frankly makes perfect sense (i.e. Cowboys talking to a prominent coordinator...) which coincides perfectly with Linehan being let go. Yet, somehow he’s reported fake news.

How rich.

Hardline

Reaction score
I ignore all Cowboys media. I get informed when the Cowboys officially release information.

Plankton

Reaction score
I don’t know about Ed Werder, but this Ed Werner guy has been killing it with rumors of late.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
We don't get news. We share it. Nobody within the team is talking to any of us, even the fake insiders. We are totally reliant on the media to keep us informed on what's going on.
Not true ... speak for yourself ... some of us do have insider news from very close friends who work in the organization , but just don’t share it all the time .. :grin: