Eddie George Found A Job.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
EG would probably be a good announcer. He can't be any worse than he was as a football player.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
I never was happy with him as a signing. But I never thought he would be as bad as he was

heavyg

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
A dead man would be an improvement over Eddie George.

EG had some good years with Tenn. We just got him on the down hill side of his carreer. I would have taken him in his prime over Hambrick anyday.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Let's hope he doesn't have to walk more than 3.3 yards to get somewhere. There could be issues.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Let's hope he doesn't have to walk more than 3.3 yards to get somewhere. There could be issues.

:laugh2:

Also, if he's going to be doing TV work, let's hope he's a little faster with the analysis than he was to the hole last year.

Play-by-play guy: "What did you think of that play, Eddie.?"

Eddie: " (clearing throat) .... well .... hmmm .... the quarterback just uh...."

Play-by-play guy: "Sorry to interrupt, Eddie, but we're on to the next play ....."

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Chief said:

Also, if he's going to be doing TV work, let's hope he's a little faster with the analysis than he was to the hole last year.

Eddie: " (clearing throat) .... well .... hmmm .... the quarterback just uh...."

Play-by-play guy: "Sorry to interrupt, Eddie, but we're on to the next play ....."

You nailed it chief........ :laugh2:

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I was happy with the signing at the time. But at the time, I figured Julius would be starting, or at least splitting time with him. I never wanted him as a starter.

wxcpo

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
EG would probably be a good announcer. He can't be any worse than he was as a football player.

EG was a great football player, it's unfortunate we got him at the end of his career vice the beginning. The guy was the Heisman Trophy winner coming out of Ohio State and between 1996 and 2000 there weren't many backs in the NFL that could touch EG's production. He may have never had a high YPC average, but one thing he was and that was durable.

Earl Campbell is generally regarded as one of the best ever who's career was cut short due to the amount of carries he received early in his career. Well over their first 6 years in the league EG had 195 more carries than Campbell and caught 89 more passes over the sam time span. I only count the first 6 seasons of Campbell's career because after during the last 3 years of his career he saw limited action (Campbell also missed 11 throughout his first 6 seasons).

The best part about Eddie George the football player is he was one of the classiest players to ever play in the NFL.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Chief said:

Sounds like he might possibly be a graduate of the Jerry Jones School of Broadcasting.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
wxcpo said:
EG was a great football player, it's unfortunate we got him at the end of his career vice the beginning. The guy was the Heisman Trophy winner coming out of Ohio State and between 1996 and 2000 there weren't many backs in the NFL that could touch EG's production. He may have never had a high YPC average, but one thing he was and that was durable.

Earl Campbell is generally regarded as one of the best ever who's career was cut short due to the amount of carries he received early in his career. Well over their first 6 years in the league EG had 195 more carries than Campbell and caught 89 more passes over the sam time span. I only count the first 6 seasons of Campbell's career because after during the last 3 years of his career he saw limited action (Campbell also missed 11 throughout his first 6 seasons).

The best part about Eddie George the football player is he was one of the classiest players to ever play in the NFL.

I agree with that.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Every time I hear the words Eddie George, I'm reminded of that quote from Al Michaels in Madden.

"Three plays, they lost yards, in comes the punt team."

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
otero1 said:
As a television analyist for the Titans pre-season.

I opened this thread to see who was desperate enough to bring in George and get a good laugh. As usual you guys didn't disappoint me. George was a great back at one time ...but he was bum for the Boys last year and that fire has officially blown out.