eddie guerrero dies

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
I'm still in shock, I am deeply saddened by this. Eddie was one of my all-time favorites.

I try to watch RAW and Smackdown every week. I would have been so happy if Eddie had gotten the Title though. What I am glad about, is that Eddie died in a part of his career that people can remember him in. His storyline was that about a month or two ago, he stopped his evil manipulating ways and started treating people with respect. He started becoming friends with Batista and even went back to his old intro music and started driving his low riders out to the ring. I am glad that at the Smackdown tapings last weeks, Eddie was being cheered for when he went into the ring. At least he was happy the last time he was in the ring. I don't think his death had anything to do with him taking drugs... at least... not within the past four years. Maybe the damage had already been done a long time ago. I don't know, Anyway, RIP Eddie Guerrero, you were a good man and will be remembered forever by all your fans.

Found this nice video tribute that was posted on another board.

http://www.exclusivesteveknight.com/goodbye.html

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v661/payton34smith22/Gifavs2/Gifavs3/20051101043534_X_Frogsplash.gif

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Payton34Smith22 said:
I don't think his death had anything to do with him taking drugs... at least... not within the past four years. Maybe the damage had already been done a long time ago. I don't know

...38 year old men who are physically fit don't die in hotel rooms from natural causes.

I think you may have found part of the reason for his sad demise. The autopsy will probably reveal alot if they choose to release it to the public.

It unfortunate, but the WWE/WWF tend to lead their employees to create a physique that borders on the "cartoonish" for entertainment purposes. Many of these individuals have to deal with the byproducts of developing their physique after their careers are over.

Duane

Reaction score
God bless Eddie. You provided a lot of enjoyment over they years to wrestling fans. May you rest in peace.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
Besides going out with Chyna, I had a lot of respect for you man :(
I think you are confusing him with that XPac guy. Eddie was married, not that it would stop him.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
davidyee said:
...38 year old men who are physically fit don't die in hotel rooms from natural causes.

I think you may have found part of the reason for his sad demise. The autopsy will probably reveal alot if they choose to release it to the public.

It unfortunate, but the WWE/WWF tend to lead their employees to create a physique that borders on the "cartoonish" for entertainment purposes. Many of these individuals have to deal with the byproducts of developing their physique after their careers are over.

Also, the work schedule is unreal. These guys do a ton of wrestling - regardless of whether it is real or entertainment -- it is a physically demanding sport.

Getting the cartonish physique is half of the problem -- but worse is performing regularly while carrying 50+ extra pounds of muscle. These guys break down -- knees, shoulders, backs, ankles. But they still have to perform for a paycheck -- so you end up with guys on pain killers, drinking, etc. so they can get in the ring.

None of this is any secret -- there have been a number of deaths and news stories ( I recall a very good one on Real Sports). Nobody seems to care until someone dies -- then they only care for a little while -- then someone dies again.

Me, I don't watch anymore -- I can't support a sport that has no regard for the participants.

felix360

Reaction score

For those of you who care, I live in Eddies home town of El Paso, Tx, i grew up here, i knew him personally, we was a legend long before he started at WCW and WWE. He is a big star in our home town, he used to wrestle right across the border from here in Juarez, MX, along with Chavo and Rey Misterio. he was a good man and always cared for his fans, people need to stop assuming he died of some kind of drug or anything related to that. he was sober for 4 years. i believe this is a thread to pay respects to him, not to elaborate on the problems in wrestling with drugs and alcohol.

Eddie,
Que estes bien en los cielos con Dios, estamos todos orando por tu famalia, Gracias por todos los momentos especiales. mis respetos a la famlia Guerrero.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
felix360 said:
For those of you who care, I live in Eddies home town of El Paso, Tx, i grew up here, i knew him personally, we was a legend long before he started at WCW and WWE. He is a big star in our home town, he used wretle right across the border from here in Juarez, MX, along with Chavo and Rey Misterio. he was a good man and always cared for his fans, people need to stop assuming he died of some kind of drug or anything related to that. he was sober for 4 years. i believe this a thread to pay respects to him, not to elaborate on the problems in wrestling with drugs and alcohol.

Eddie,
Que estes bien en los cielos con Dios, estamos todos orando por tu famalia, Gracias por todos los momentos especiales. mis respetos a la famlia Guerrero.

Good post, Felix.

I lived in El Paso for a bit when I was a kid. My grandmother still lives there, although she's been staying with my Aunt in California for a while cuz she has alzeimers (sp?) and can't take care of herself.

Eddie was one of the top 3 performers in the WWE. Excellent in the ring and on the mic.

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
felix360 said:
For those of you who care, I live in Eddies home town of El Paso, Tx, i grew up here, i knew him personally, we was a legend long before he started at WCW and WWE. He is a big star in our home town, he used to wrestle right across the border from here in Juarez, MX, along with Chavo and Rey Misterio. he was a good man and always cared for his fans, people need to stop assuming he died of some kind of drug or anything related to that. he was sober for 4 years. i believe this is a thread to pay respects to him, not to elaborate on the problems in wrestling with drugs and alcohol.

Eddie,

Great post bro. I didn't know him like you, but I feel like I lost a friend too.
He really had a lot of fans out there who feel the same as me.

Really sucks that Eddie is gone now.:(

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
I think you are confusing him with that XPac guy. Eddie was married, not that it would stop him.
On the show they were going out.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
On the show they were going out.

That was Eddie's "Mamacita" phase... I'm thinking that was all for the show, that there was no actual "romance" there...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
felix360 said:

Eddie,
Last night they said he's being buried somewhere here in Arizona. Any idea why?

Great post BTW.

Igualmente mi respeto por la familia de Eddie Guerrero y los memorias. Vaya con Dios Eddie.