Edge/Safety/Linebacker are all sneaky needs for this team

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Edge-DLaw has one the biggest contracts on the entire team, Fowler/Armstrong are fa's in 2024.
Safety-Kearse/Hooker are fa's in 2024
Linebacker-Lve is just on a 2 yr deal, Clark and just low level prospects behind them

We got to fully understand, the draft process isn't just about yr 1, but the life of their rookie contracts. Also, we have several core players that need to be extended and some will be market setting contracts.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yea, gotta prepare for the future and life after vets with expiring contracts.

Ideally they get to ease into things year 1 and then take over as starter year 2.

This is why what we’ve done in FA is so huge…we’re not forced to draft a player at 26 to start somewhere. Just give me the baddest dude available at a money position.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
The crazy thing that is a trend in the NFL is one year contract to fulfill needs. Look at the last couple years after the madness of the first days of free agency - the majority sign for 1 year contracts. I’m not saying this the best way to fit needs but it seems to be a trend.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
The crazy thing that is a trend in the NFL is one year contract to fulfill needs. Look at the last couple years after the madness of the first days of free agency - the majority sign for 1 year contracts. I’m not saying this the best way to fit needs but it seems to be a trend.
Pretty much . Every position is a sneaky need.. You got expiring contracts, injuries, depth and overall roster improvement

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Edge-DLaw has one the biggest contracts on the entire team, Fowler/Armstrong are fa's in 2024.
Linebacker-Lve is just on a 2 yr deal, Clark and just low level prospects behind them

We got to fully understand, the draft process isn't just about yr 1, but the life of their rookie contracts. Also, we have several core players that need to be extended and some will be market setting contracts.
Agreed. McDonald, Allen, and Branch should be on the Cowboys first round radar because all three should go in our range. Tight end and guard are also sneaky needs as well. We currently have one defensive 1tech on the roster. That is a need as well.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Agreed. McDonald, Allen, and Branch should be on the Cowboys first round radar because all three should go in our range. Tight end and guard are also sneaky needs as well. We currently have one defensive 1tech on the roster. That is a need as well.
Yes, but those positions aren’t high value and cost the least in the open market. To save money on the cap, have to lock in those high paid positions at low levels

reddyuta

Reaction score
De is defintely a big need and teams are over drafting them in recent time because of the huge contracts in FA.i wont be suprised if we picked a DE in the first Rd at all.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

This board was ready to throw Donovan wilson away for Marquise Bell last preseason. We off that now?
They had Cine rated higher on their board than Smith and passed. I think they like what they have on the roster. And that was without Bell. My guess is they feel good about Mukuamu taking over for Hooker and Bell taking over for Kearse

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They had Cine rated higher on their board than Smith and passed. I think they like what they have on the roster. And that was without Bell. My guess is they feel good about Mukuamu taking over for Hooker and Bell taking over for Kearse
Muku has moved to corner now.