Edgerrin Cooper Shrine Measurment

JeffInDC

Reaction score
6’2”, 227 - much smaller than I thought. The measurements these schools give vs. the real thing are hilarious. Evan Anderson from Florida Atlantic is listed by the school as being 6’3”, 356. He measured 6004, 319. Huh? How you give the dude 2.5” and 37 lbs.?

Bluefin

Reaction score
Huh? How you give the dude 2.5” and 37 lbs.?
Colleges ***** height and weight all day, every day, but the truth comes out in the pre-draft process.

And the college weight can be dramatically different from the pro day weight as players train trying to hit whatever mark they believe if most desired. Some prospects put on weight while others want to drop it, all hoping to impress evaluators and increase their draft stock.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
6’2”, 227 - much smaller than I thought. The measurements these schools give vs. the real thing are hilarious. Evan Anderson from Florida Atlantic is listed by the school as being 6’3”, 356. He measured 6004, 319. Huh? How you give the dude 2.5” and 37 lbs.?
I got zero issues with Cooper’s size if those are his official numbers.

Guy can put on 8-10 lbs and he’s 235-238 lbs and nobody bats an eye. That’s nothing for an official 6’-2” frame. Every year I remind folks that 22-24 year old players naturally put on weight as their bodies mature. It’s nothing (remember when Tyron was playing at 280 lbs at USC?).

I’m interested in Trotter’s measurements because he does look relatively small to me (~6’ and somewhere in the low 220s in my eyes).

Last edited:

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
The only way to be successful stopping the run with these types is if the NFL allows us to use the 4-8-4 defense lol

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Muscle Hampster?

IMG-1195.jpg

1942willys

Reaction score
Measuements at the bowls and at the combine are the only ones to believe. AND even then they are just snapshots of what weight they are at that moment/
Good news is that you really do know how tall they are and arm measurements and things like that.

Bluefin

Reaction score

Texas A&M LB Edgerrin Cooper discusses draft process

Nick Harris, dallascowboys.com

His senior season with the Aggies earned him an AP All-American nod after accounting for 84 tackles, including 17 for loss, and eight sacks on the season.

The interview process – which will include a meeting with the Cowboys – has allowed Cooper to explain what he can bring to an NFL team both on and off the field if he were to be selected.

"I let them know that I'm a player that can make a big impact for them," he said. "Just being trigger fast, seeing things with my vision. Being aggressive and how powerful I am, I can bring pressure to an offense."

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Guy can put on 8-10 lbs and he’s 235-238 lbs and nobody bats an eye. That’s nothing for an official 6’-2” frame. Every year I remind folks that 22-24 year old players naturally put on weight as their bodies mature. It’s nothing (remember when Tyron was playing at 280 lbs at USC?).

I’m interested in Trotter’s measurements because he does look relatively small to me (~6’ and somewhere in the low 220s in my eyes).
Question you have on prospects, do they have the frame to add muscle? Scouts knew Tyron can fill out. Not saying Cooper cannot add more muscle, just some frames struggle to do so.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Watched the tape this morning, and I'm not a fan.

Cooper's s got all the tools athletically, but if you want an LB who steps up and stones a run blocker, he's not that dude. He also takes a lot of false steps and misses tackles, which the Shanahan tree will absolutely kill. I see a lot of Kenneth Murray here.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

He'll probably put that in before the combine. Season just ended, and I assume players gradually lose about 5 pounds in season