Eh....new guy

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Hi I saw the guy who posted his intro thing in the main zone and Woody's Girl said this was the place to put it.

My name is William and I live in near Killeen, Texas. Im not too sure if theres people as young as me on here cause im only 15 but yeah I've been a Cowboys fan since the day I was born thanks to my dad. I've only had the pleasure of going to one game in my life (last years loss to NYG at Texas Stadium), but I hope that I will be able to attend many more in the near future, maybe once I get a job and can afford tickets lol. But yeah believe it or not I threw up when Mr. Intercepty gave the game away to the steelers by handing the ball to Richie Anderson's helmet which then proceeded to fall into the Steelers hands. I play football for my high school, gonna be a sophmore next year, hopefully on varsity. We finished in the top ten in 5A Texas Football last year and hopefully moving up to compete with the big boys from South Lake Carroll. But anyway I just wanted to introduce myself and let you guys know that the youngun has arrived!

Duane

Reaction score
Welcome to the board William. :welcome:

What position do you play in football?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hey welcome!!!

You're gonna love it here.

And you find a bunch of people who can get you up to speed regarding the history of you favorite franchise, the Dallas Cowboys.

:)

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
daboysin06 said:
We finished in the top ten in 5A Texas Football last year and hopefully moving up to compete with the big boys from South Lake Carroll.

Always remember to mention Lufkin when talking of the big boys in 5A Texas football... ;)

:welcome: and enjoy your stay...

Kangaroo

Reaction score
daboysin06 said:
Hi I saw the guy who posted his intro thing in the main zone and Woody's Girl said this was the place to put it.

My name is William and I live in near Killeen, Texas. Im not too sure if theres people as young as me on here cause im only 15 but yeah I've been a Cowboys fan since the day I was born thanks to my dad. I've only had the pleasure of going to one game in my life (last years loss to NYG at Texas Stadium), but I hope that I will be able to attend many more in the near future, maybe once I get a job and can afford tickets lol. But yeah believe it or not I threw up when Mr. Intercepty gave the game away to the steelers by handing the ball to Richie Anderson's helmet which then proceeded to fall into the Steelers hands. I play football for my high school, gonna be a sophmore next year, hopefully on varsity. We finished in the top ten in 5A Texas Football last year and hopefully moving up to compete with the big boys from South Lake Carroll. But anyway I just wanted to introduce myself and let you guys know that the youngun has arrived!

What town do you live in Temple;Belton; Killeen;Harker Heights; Nolanville; Coppers Cove etc. My mascot in High School was a Kangaroo so guess which Highschool I graduated from :D

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Hiyas.

Glad to have you here.

If anyone says anything too silly report them by using the report a thread tool and we'll smack them around for ya.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
I play strong tackle (basically RT), and defensive end. Lol yeah Lufkin, Converse Judson, theres lots of teams but Southlake was unbelievable this year. And BTW i've read more books about Cowboys history than you can imagine, guys like Duane Thomas, Billy Parks, Cliff Harris and of course Tom Landry my favorite quote is: Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve. But yeah im sure theres some stuff i've missed while reading all those books and listening to my dad so id love to hear about my beloved Cowboys in the good ole days!!!

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
daboysin06 said:
I play strong tackle (basically RT), and defensive end. Lol yeah Lufkin, Converse Judson, theres lots of teams but Southlake was unbelievable this year. And BTW i've read more books about Cowboys history than you can imagine, guys like Duane Thomas, Billy Parks, Cliff Harris and of course Tom Landry my favorite quote is: Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve. But yeah im sure theres some stuff i've missed while reading all those books and listening to my dad so id love to hear about my beloved Cowboys in the good ole days!!!

Ya mean this quote?

landrywptile6kx.jpg

:)

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Huh? what do you mean, do I mean that quote? But Kangaroo im a Bulldawg so I guess you know what high school I go to lol. Sorry to say we smack you guys around every year, but it wasn't like that awhile ago lol. You still in Killeen, cause Harker Heights and Ellison are giving the Roos a run for their money as the team of the town.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
daboysin06 said:

Welcome to best 'boys board on the 'net. U'll enjoy it here.

BTW, I didn't mean all intros should be posted here, just that there were other threads asking about our likes and dislikes about things. And folks should swing by sometimes to get a different view of some of the posters here.

Oh and another thing... I'd like two five-piece nuggets and a biggie fry. ;)

Kangaroo

Reaction score
daboysin06 said:
Huh? what do you mean, do I mean that quote? But Kangaroo im a Bulldawg so I guess you know what high school I go to lol. Sorry to say we smack you guys around every year, but it wasn't like that awhile ago lol. You still in Killeen, cause Harker Heights and Ellison are giving the Roos a run for their money as the team of the town.

Heck no I left there in 91 after one year of Junior college (Class of 1990) never to return but to vist my parents and when I had Army Reserve Training out there (which was quite often over 12 years :eek:). I still visit my sister lives there and my parents live in Briggs right next to Florence now. I swore i never live in that place again unless the military stationed me there I kept that promise moved to Hunstville; TX for college and then Houston after wards.

The last time Killeen won was in 92' they took the Title over Dulles. At one time before re-districting of teams the Bulldogs where the worse team in the area the conference was Temple, Killeen, Cove; Ellison, Austin WestLake and Round Rock and Belton was a 4a team back then. Harker Heights did not have the middle school or the Highchool it does now. Harker Heights and Nolanville generally went to Killeen Highschool at that time.

Hehe I lived in Harker heights; Killeen and belton in several different locations

Good luck on your season :)this fall

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
ya i know we sucked bad. only one winning season in 40 years before 1994. but that changed when Coach Welch got here. but yeah thanks, we're pretty small this year, even though we're small every year, but hopefully our speed will make up for it. BTW i am completely against the way Bill Parcells is stockpiling this team with over-the-hill players who in 2 to 3 years will be too old to play. Parcell's ego is so big that he will only accept winning if its with HIS old players. Sorry if that offended anyone but thats just my opinion

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
:welcome:

I hope you keep on enjoying the game. It is the best. Please keep us updated on how you do this season.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
daboysin06 said:

:welcome: hope you have a great year. you're right..... southlake carroll is a great football program. there are a lot of good people on this board.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
I will definetely do that Hostile! Thanks for making me feel so welcome already i REALLY do appreciate it, I thought you guys would like shun me since im young or whatever, but I want you guys to know im as up to date as possible about everything goin on with my boys, and im real glad I found a board with knowledgable people, instead of the guys who watch sportscenter and think they know all there is to know about football. But I will keep ya updated and thanks again guys!, and girl!

Kangaroo

Reaction score
daboysin06 said:
BTW i am completely against the way Bill Parcells is stockpiling this team with over-the-hill players who in 2 to 3 years will be too old to play. Parcell's ego is so big that he will only accept winning if its with HIS old players. Sorry if that offended anyone but thats just my opinion

There is a faction of us with that view on this board you can put me down in that camp. I wanted nothing to do with Vinny being signed last year or Eddige George I griped all off season about it.

Getting Bledsoe bluck I think he is washed up and done in fact between that and trying to run a 3-4 defense with undersize dlinemen is going to be another bad year imo

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
welcome.

You're just old enough to begin appreciating the next generation of Dallas Cowboys dominance... beginning this year.