Eifert?

Proof

Reaction score
the injury history is troubling, but he’s a difference maker. Any interest this off season?

Proof

Reaction score
Yessir. And he’s 27. TD Machine and seam buster (when healthy )

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The guy is never healthy. 1 game in 2014, 8 games in 2016, 2 games this season.

A guy with a lot of talent, but not dependable enough. Also, semi-big year came when Dalton was playing at an abnormally high level.

I mean, I guess if he comes at a minimum, but other than that I have no interest.

John813

Reaction score
Dude just can't stay healthy. Which is a shame since he does have(had) great talent.

Played in 39 out of 80 games in his 5 year career.

IIRC Dallas liked him a lot back in his draft class.

Wouldn't mind taking a shot if he came on an incentive 1 year deal.

Sydla

Reaction score
Can't stay healthy but for the right price, I'd strongly consider it.

If he can put together a relatively healthy season, he's an elite pass catching TE IMO.

John813

Reaction score
Tells me no.

Yea, not someone I would put any eggs into their basket, but would view him as a Colombo level project.
First round talent who has had their career derailed by injuries.
Don't expect anything out of him, aka don't go into 2018-19 thinking he'll be our #1, but see any production as a bonus.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like our TEs. If Wit retires, I'd rather we give the snaps to a true speed WR and/or see how the guys we've got develop. We've got 3 guys who can block and catch, and a developmental prospect with good intangibles. We've also got Switzer to put in a lineup with Beasley if we want to use that position group.

Sydla

Reaction score
If he was cheap, looking to sign a real prove it type one year deal, it would be a no brainer if Witten was done. The kid has Top 5 TE skills. If he gets hurt, no big deal, you don't have a lot invested in him. He's also a small insurance policy with Gathers if there is more going on with him than meets the eye.

Frankly, he'd be a smarter signing than someone like Nolan Carroll was. Carroll was a mediocre to bad player with no upside that they signed to a two year deal. Eifert at least has substantial upside if healthy..............