Either take BPA, trade back, DON'T reach to fill a need!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This is my biggest worry in this year's draft. They did absolutely nothing in fa and now they cannot go BPA but rather have several needs to fill. This is what happens when you draft a Taco, Mazi, etc. If they want to fill a need, drop back and draft the player based on his value. Nothing wrong with adding a lineman at 30 with an extra pick, then reaching for one at 24 when they will still be on the board!

cnuball21

Reaction score
You and me both brotha…I’ve said it before but I have a feeling a player or 2 I love will be there at 24 and beyond and we’ll only draft for need.

Carter

Reaction score
agree but everyone in the league knows this so the Cowboys probably get fleeced in a tradedown .

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This is my biggest worry in this year's draft. They did absolutely nothing in fa and now they cannot go BPA but rather have several needs to fill. This is what happens when you draft a Taco, Mazi, etc. If they want to fill a need, drop back and draft the player based on his value. Nothing wrong with adding a lineman at 30 with an extra pick, then reaching for one at 24 when they will still be on the board!
In their minds the Cowboys didn’t reach for Mazi. They should have drafted Laporta. That is who they actually liked but they were worried about tight end value.

Carson

Reaction score
I really hate the idea of drafting Guyton, been saying this for over a month. I rather take either of the two centers over him (JPJ, Frazier)
Brugler said JPJ isn’t an option.

It’s been Guyton for months. We just refused to believe.

Just the cherry on top of a crap covered sundae called our offseason

1942willys

Reaction score

you are being MUCH TOO POLITE AND KIND

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trading back and drafting Taco later would not have made Taco a successful pick.

Draft the player that the team is "sold on".. Last year that was LaPorta. They didn't draft him due to position value for TEs being considered lower than DTs and OL.

McCarthy thought that a LaPorta type TE was a top need but they passed on him.

The Lions didn't appear to regret "over drafting" players last year...

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
LOL. They are picking for need. They'll say otherwise but the fact they literally did basically nothing in FA to fix the TB, OL, DL, and LB spots (they need more than just Kendricks) is forcing them to go need here.
Agree, they're going for need and whichever tackle they select they'll refer to as being BPA on their board, and that the player coincidentally is at a position of need. I did that wrong..."Uh...uh...just so happens...uh...uh... that the best player that feel to us...uh...uh...plays a position where we might need some...uh...uh...help". Chuckling in the background from The Walking Void, a.k.a Stephen Jones.

DAL1180

Reaction score

Any idea why JPJ isn't an option?

Aven8

Reaction score
Funny thing is Guyton and Morgan were the hot picks months ago when this whole thing started…….

morasp

Reaction score
Where does Dane have JPJ ranked? Mel and Lance have him much lower than round one.