Ekuban

Fan Since 77

Reaction score
Why did we let him go again?
He's having a good year for the Broncos.
It would've been nice to have him here.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Fan Since 77;1255286 said:
Why did we let him go again?
He's having a good year for the Broncos.
It would've been nice to have him here.

he's had good years every yr since he left

wow, what a coincidence...gets away from Zimmer, production goes up

David

burmafrd

Reaction score
He has not had any year that really would have meant that much. He was not that good- he is not now. He is decent and that is it.

jay cee

Reaction score
burmafrd;1255292 said:
He has not had any year that really would have meant that much. He was not that good- he is not now. He is decent and that is it.

He wasn't even decent for dallas. He was ok against the run, but did not seem to give any pass rush at all.

Fan Since 77

Reaction score
Well, he's got 6.5 sacks this year for Denver. If that's decent, what do we have on our d-line? Ware, and ...

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Ekuban doesn't fit the 3-4 and he's been so-so since leaving Dallas. I'll give him credit for playing the run well and always hustling, but I have crocodile tears over him not being on the team anymore.

YAKUZA

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People were toasting and celebrating when the guy left here.

Nobody shed a tear or was very upset by him leaving.

He would not have fit here and good luck to him elsewhere.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1255310 said:
Ekuban doesn't fit the 3-4 and he's been so-so since leaving Dallas. I'll give him credit for playing the run well and always hustling, but I have crocodile tears over him not being on the team anymore.

YAKUZA

If Ellis could make the swith to OLB, then Ekuban could have too.

wow, what a coincidence...gets away from Zimmer, production goes up

David

:hammer:

burmafrd

Reaction score
He was a first rd draft choice that was supposed to get high single digit sacks or low double digit sacks. He has never done either.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
burmafrd;1255325 said:
He was a first rd draft choice that was supposed to get high single digit sacks or low double digit sacks. He has never done either.

niether has anyone else who played here under Zimmer

and probably never will

David

burmafrd

Reaction score
Sometimes you put toomuch on the coaches. where else has anyone that left here really shined? Ekuban has shown very little more anywhere else then he had shown here. Show me someone we let go that really have been better somewhere else on D?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
burmafrd;1255342 said:
Sometimes you put toomuch on the coaches. where else has anyone that left here really shined? Ekuban has shown very little more anywhere else then he had shown here. Show me someone we let go that really have been better somewhere else on D?

Scott Fujita

Scott Shanle

Can you name any defensive FA that came to Dallas and got BETTER since Zimmer's been here?

Fan Since 77

Reaction score
zimfinal.jpg

Here ya go haters!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Fan Since 77;1255351 said:
zimfinal.jpg

Here ya go haters!

I don't think anyone Hates Zimmer.

Just cuz some are completely homerized with Zimmer, doesn't mean those that aren't "Hate" Zimmer.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Rack;1255322 said:
If Ellis could make the swith to OLB, then Ekuban could have too.

Ellis' play at OLB was overrated. And Ellis was a far better 4-3 DE than Ekuban was.

Furthermore, Parcells did want to re-sign Ekuban, but the Browns offered him good money and Ekuban didn't want to stay anyway.

Give me a DeMarcus Ware clone in the first round of the draft and have him play the LOLB spot and I'll be ecstatic.

YAKUZA

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Rack;1255354 said:
I don't think anyone Hates Zimmer.

Just cuz some are completely homerized with Zimmer, doesn't mean those that aren't "Hate" Zimmer.

I agree. I don't hate Zimmer and I think he's an average D-Coordinator. I just think we could and should have a better D-Coordinator. And even I still have no problems with Ekuban no longer on the team.

YAKUZA

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1255361 said:
Give me a DeMarcus Ware clone in the first round of the draft and have him play the LOLB spot and I'll be ecstatic.

YAKUZA

and if nothing changes with what we do defensively, a whole LB corps of Ware's wont do anyt good

David

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1255361 said:
Ellis' play at OLB was overrated. And Ellis was a far better 4-3 DE than Ekuban was.

Furthermore, Parcells did want to re-sign Ekuban, but the Browns offered him good money and Ekuban didn't want to stay anyway.

YAKUZA
I chuckle every time I see you say this. The guy transitions to a position he's never played before and outperforms everyone's expectations and his play is suddenly overrated. He was pretty good against the run, he obviously got more pressure than any player outside of Ware this season, and I don't remember him being exploited in coverage, despite everyone's fear that it would happen every single play.

He played solid at 3-4 OLB despite it being brand new to him and this team is worse without him playing.