Ekuban

blindzebra

Reaction score
If I recall correctly Ekuban had back troubles that limited him.

I won't repeat the facts that shoot down the GROZ nonsense, consider it a Christmas present to not get owned again.:lmao:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Fan Since 77;1255300 said:
Well, he's got 6.5 sacks this year for Denver. If that's decent, what do we have on our d-line? Ware, and ...

I think Ekuban had 6/6.5 sacks 3 times in Dallas

he's just as average now, as he was in Dallas, you people are crazy

why not ask why we traded AB why we're at it? he had 1,000 yards last year

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;1255346 said:
Scott Fujita

Scott Shanle

Can you name any defensive FA that came to Dallas and got BETTER since Zimmer's been here?

akin ayodell(wrong spelling)? but not really

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;1255390 said:
and if nothing changes with what we do defensively, a whole LB corps of Ware's wont do anyt good

David

Ware's pretty good, so I think we need more players like him

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1255452 said:
I would jizzle in my pizzle if we had two DeMarcus Wares lining up at OLB.

Word.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1255455 said:
I would jizzle in my pizzle if we had two DeMarcus Wares lining up at OLB.

Word.

it kinda puts a dent in the theory that Zimmer stifles talented players doesn't it?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1255458 said:
it kinda puts a dent in the theory that Zimmer stifles talented players doesn't it?
It was take never before seen depths of stupidity to ruin that kind of talent.

followthestar

Reaction score
Ferguson, A. Glenn, Ayidole, Henry, Singleton all are playing at a fair level. Any weakness in our defense can't be laid on the FAs, but probably more fairly it should just be attributed to overall youth and inexperience. As for Ekuban, I recall he was a class act and I welcome his success. He was fairly solid but unspectacular, so I refrained from shedding any tears when he was signed away...

Silver Bullet

Reaction score
Ekuban is very mediocre.

The only thing I'm sorry about is that the Cowboys wasted a 1st draft pick on him.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Fujita and Shanle are doing about as well in NO as they did here; Fujita put up big numbers with KC.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
dbair1967;1255390 said:
and if nothing changes with what we do defensively, a whole LB corps of Ware's wont do anyt good

David

Ware is a far better OLB than Ellis is and I think an entirely better pass rusher as well. If we got another Ware clone at LOLB, it would be extremely tough for teams to just double team Ware or put the slot WR or TE to his side to force him in coverage and not have to worry about a pass rush.

YAKUZA

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
theogt;1255396 said:
I chuckle every time I see you say this. The guy transitions to a position he's never played before and outperforms everyone's expectations and his play is suddenly overrated. He was pretty good against the run, he obviously got more pressure than any player outside of Ware this season, and I don't remember him being exploited in coverage, despite everyone's fear that it would happen every single play.

He played solid at 3-4 OLB despite it being brand new to him and this team is worse without him playing.

Ellis was bad against the run. Footballoutsiders.com showed how poor he was against the run. And in the second Commanders game when we moved him to ROLB, he bit on the play fake and they pitched it to Portis for a 40 yard TD run.

I've always agreed that the transition was tough and he made an admirable stab at it. He wasn't the worst OLB out there, but overall he was pretty average. Yet many think he was better than Ware or at least a very good OLB.

YAKUZA

cowboyed

Reaction score
Rack;1255322 said:
If Ellis could make the swith to OLB, then Ekuban could have too.

Good point Rack, too bad we weren't in a 3-4 mood back then. I think he would have made a dynamite OLB. He was quite athletic to begin with. Wasn't he a tight end in college as well?

But I still have the ringing of Ekubust in my ears. Is it the player, is it the coach is it the scheme. Who frigging knows...

COWBOYFAN

Reaction score
burmafrd;1255342 said:
Sometimes you put toomuch on the coaches. where else has anyone that left here really shined? Ekuban has shown very little more anywhere else then he had shown here. Show me someone we let go that really have been better somewhere else on D?

Randall Godfrey. We shouldn't have let him get away.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1255452 said:

sure he is, but he's surrounded by good players and we still never rush a QB

David

Smith22

Reaction score
Rack;1255346 said:
Can you name any defensive FA that came to Dallas and got BETTER since Zimmer's been here?

A Glenn. What's my prize?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Smith22;1255871 said:

I'd also put Anthony Henry there as well. Most Browns fans thought he was a decent CB and now think he's far better than he was with them. Akin Ayodele is playing really well and I doubt he played better at Jacksonville as I don't thing the SAM backer position in the Cover 2 suits him as well as the JACK Backer position in the 3-4. Kenyon Coleman went from a nobody to a decent backup and Jason Ferguson is having a very good year.

Like I've always said, Zimmer is an average D-Coordinator, but we could/should get a better D-Coordinator in my mind. He seems to coach a pretty disciplined team, but we can't disguise a blitz. And he's been good at teaching DB's on how to play receivers, but every DB we've drafted under him has been mediocre at locating the ball....even Roy (who gets away with having good hands) and Newman (who gets away with superb coverage). And while people are looking at Parcells to blame this on as well, it's been this way under Zimmer before Parcells got here. Maybe it's just a bad coincidence, but after awhile the blame has to go to Zimmer for continually having defenses that struggle at these areas.

YAKUZA

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1255580 said:
Ellis was bad against the run. Footballoutsiders.com showed how poor he was against the run. And in the second Commanders game when we moved him to ROLB, he bit on the play fake and they pitched it to Portis for a 40 yard TD run.

I've always agreed that the transition was tough and he made an admirable stab at it. He wasn't the worst OLB out there, but overall he was pretty average. Yet many think he was better than Ware or at least a very good OLB.

YAKUZA
Yeah, he bit on a play-fake and a reverse. Every player does. I've seen Ware do it, and just about every other defensive player do it. Outside of the Commanders game I wouldn't say he was "bad against the run" at all.

I'm curious as to what we'll do next season at that position so I plan on charting every Ellis play this season. I'm sure I'll post the results next week.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1255580 said:
Ellis was bad against the run.

YAKUZA

No, he wasn't.

Smith22;1255871 said:

Aaron Glenn is NOT better now then he was before he came here. Please.

:rolleyes:

Yakuza Rich;1255885 said:
I'd also put Anthony Henry there as well.

YAKUZA

Anthony Henry is regressing since he's been here. He was better in Cleveland. And he's regressed this season. The longer players stay under Zimmer, the more average they get. The only possible exception is Ware. He's had a better second season. Hopefully he won't have to be coached by Zimmer another season.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Rack;1255322 said:
If Ellis could make the swith to OLB, then Ekuban could have too.

:hammer:
I got your back on this one Rack. What's going on with your car. Minds just sitting.