Elderly gent defends himself against would-be mugger

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
This warms the heart. Some goon thought he could make an easy score, until this 70 plus man fought back. I hate dirtbags who try to take advantage of the elderly. This ol' guy had a lot of fight in him. Ha ha ha!

Creeper

Reaction score
Was a punch thrown? Looks to me like the mugger just wanted no fight and got out of Dodge before anyone else showed up. I give the old due credit for fighting back but he is lucky the mugger didn't have a gun or a knife.

Also, that guy is older than 70. I am 71 and he looks at least 10 years older than me.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
mugger is a total wuss
Muggers are always chicken-coward scumbags. They try to prey on people whom they think are defenseless. When my mom was a young woman, she and her older sister were out on the town together doing some shopping, and some criminal grabbed her purse and ran. However, her sister, my Aunt Jan, was a feisty one and chased after the mugger and tackled him and grabbed the purse back. Of course the wannabe thief ran off. So then they went to the police to report the incident, and the cop told my aunt, "Don't ever do that again. You could get yourself killed over a purse." He was right, of course, but I still think it's a hilarious story. That goober couldn't outrun a woman, and he got tackled by her. She gave him what he deserved.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
My grandfather probably would have done same thing. Different generation. Not sure we'll see many 70+ boxers once the Millennials grow up. But lock their social media account and it's game on!

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
My grandfather probably would have done same thing. Different generation. Not sure we'll see many 70+ boxers once the Millennials grow up. But lock their social media account and it's game on!
My grandfather was in the Swiss Army. A lot of people don't realize it, but the Swiss Army is a formidable fighting force. They learn all kinds of Marshall arts, and not just how to fight with a firearm. That goon probably would have ended up with no teeth if he had tried that crap with my grandad.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Muggers are always chicken-coward scumbags. They try to prey on people whom they think are defenseless. When my mom was a young woman, she and her older sister were out on the town together doing some shopping, and some criminal grabbed her purse and ran. However, her sister, my Aunt Jan, was a feisty one and chased after the mugger and tackled him and grabbed the purse back. Of course the wannabe thief ran off. So then they went to the police to report the incident, and the cop told my aunt, "Don't ever do that again. You could get yourself killed over a purse." He was right, of course, but I still think it's a hilarious story. That goober couldn't outrun a woman, and he got tackled by her. She gave him what he deserved.
Well you gotta see it from the muggers point of view: his/her target is the purse, or what's in it, not the person. So once the initial target is out of reach for whatever reasons, you better "abort the mission" so to speak and try someone else. If I was a mugger I'd take the occasional back fighter into account right from the start. As in "mugg ten people, get away with 5 purses". At least that sounds like a professional approach to me. Anything else would be just bad for business and increases the danger of making too much noise and getting arrested. So if a furious girl came after and actually cought up with me I'd swallow my pride and get the hell out of there.

Wanted to become a pick pocketer once, but couldn't find anyone to teach me. So I gave up my dream and went to university instead. Bummer.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Good for that guy!!! The old man was like "put up your dukes" and that mugger didn't want any of that juice.

Reminds me of the viral video like 10 years ago of the old man riding the bus. Epic Beard Man.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Well you gotta see it from the muggers point of view: his/her target is the purse, or what's in it, not the person. So once the initial target is out of reach for whatever reasons, you better "abort the mission" so to speak and try someone else. If I was a mugger I'd take the occasional back fighter into account right from the start. As in "mugg ten people, get away with 5 purses". At least that sounds like a professional approach to me. Anything else would be just bad for business and increases the danger of making too much noise and getting arrested. So if a furious girl came after and actually cought up with me I'd swallow my pride and get the hell out of there.

Wanted to become a pick pocketer once, but couldn't find anyone to teach me. So I gave up my dream and went to university instead. Bummer.
I don't doubt that they have their strategies, but I still think they're human garbage.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score

You should have contact Bob Arno he is a master