Elephant in the room, J. Smith

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I'm seeing a pink elephant!!

Go to Seattle and you'll see them all the time.

c700x420.jpg

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Jaylon will be ok. He’s gotta learn to play smarter. He’s young, I trust he’ll be ok. LVE will probably have a sophomore slump like so many do. He played out of his mind last season, regression is natural.

the problem is with the front office not helping them out with proven talent in the middle of the d-line. Collins is too inconsistent, and the rest of the guys at DT look lost.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
I'm not ready to write him off, but to me, he needs to be more fundamentally sound.

Most of the time, it looks like he's guessing (often incorrectly) and he runs himself out of the play a lot.

I think he's so determined to make a play that he recklessly takes himself right out of it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Still waiting to be convinced that #54 is even an AVERAGE player. It is embarrassing to watch him run around...that is literally ALL he does. Other organizations front office, scouts and coaching staff have to be laughing at us for extending him. He is courageous, has an infectious smile....great story of perseverance....but this guy is not a NFL starter. Let alone someone you extend for big money.
...and he is a captain on that defense.

stiletto

Reaction score
He was better last year for sure. Not sure what happened. Maybe some soreness?? Seems gimpy to me.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Still waiting to be convinced that #54 is even an AVERAGE player. It is embarrassing to watch him run around...that is literally ALL he does. Other organizations front office, scouts and coaching staff have to be laughing at us for extending him. He is courageous, has an infectious smile....great story of perseverance....but this guy is not a NFL starter. Let alone someone you extend for big money.

Jaylon was running labored again today. Uneven gait.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

All the LBs are off this year b/c Marinelli or Richards has them dropping into zones 10-15 yards off the LOS. That is not where Jaylon and LVE excell. Jaylon is a sideline to sideline LB. LVE is a big physical LB. They need to be in the box hunting rbs. They need to be allowed to blitz far more frequently.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
They lack size and power at DT and for some strange reason they take wide splits, Green Bay was finding easy angles against our tackles and getting on our linebackers easily.

I don't understand it.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I'm not ready to write him off, but to me, he needs to be more fundamentally sound.

Most of the time, it looks like he's guessing (often incorrectly) and he runs himself out of the play a lot.

I think he's so determined to make a play that he recklessly takes himself right out of it.
the funny thing is the fans that pretend this is not happening

Shinaoi

Reaction score
almost top to bottom a lot of our great players haven’t looked so hot this year. maybe it’s more than just the players and the coaching staff is ruining the team.