Eli Manning will likely not defeat the Eagles tonight

Sydla

Reaction score
The weather blows here right now. Chilly and raining and could be this way through the game.

So maybe Wentz and company will have butter fingers tonight. The Giants run D sucks though so Sanders will probably gash them.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
There ya go. Spoken like a true fan. Any you wonder why you get busted up on this forum. I would like to know what "bad" comes out of winning the division. So we get smashed in the wild card round. It means that another nfc team didn't make it....aka, the eagles, washington or the giants.

So anyone and everyone else who is rooting for this team to lose out is not a true fan? Have you seen what happened after we lost? Sources confirmed Stephen Jones spoke with Urban Meyer and Riley. Brett Maher was fired. CHANGES WERE MADE. GOOD CHANGES AT THAT. All of these problems are ignored if we win. We are better IN THE LONG RUN if we lose out. Who cares if Philly or Washington makes it in the damn playoffs? They won’t do a damn thing. I’m just speaking my mind. If we lose out, Garrett is gone and we get a higher draft pick. We make it into the playoffs, We have Garrett for another week or 2, and Jerry goes wild because Garrett riled this team into the playoffs. You really want to deal with that all for knocking the Eagles and Commanders out of the playoffs? No thanks.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
So anyone and everyone else who is rooting for this team to lose out is not a true fan? Have you seen what happened after we lost? Sources confirmed Stephen Jones spoke with Urban Meyer and Riley. Brett Maher was fired. CHANGES WERE MADE. GOOD CHANGES AT THAT. All of these problems are ignored if we win. We are better IN THE LONG RUN if we lose out. Who cares if Philly or Washington makes it in the damn playoffs? They won’t do a damn thing. I’m just speaking my mind. If we lose out, Garrett is gone and we get a higher draft pick. We make it into the playoffs, We have Garrett for another week or 2, and Jerry goes wild because Garrett riled this team into the playoffs. You really want to deal with that all for knocking the Eagles and Commanders out of the playoffs? No thanks.
Garrett won't be here after next year but I still want to be in the playoffs. JJ has made that quite clear and because if his big mouth about his coaching staff, he has screwed up the team. A new coach will not change anything. It will stay the same or make things worse. You will see.

I am voting for us to win out and take the division. So what's that, like 1 to 1000. I'm only behind by 999 votes.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The Eagles have Eli's number...
Pretty much expected Philly to win this one,
Lol. The Egals not only lost Eli's number but they lost their entire phone directory.

As far as "expected Philly to win this one".... sounds exactly what some Miami fans were quoted saying. Last but not least, I'm glad Jones isn't playing. Gnats have a better chance will Eli at center center.

I see a good ground game by Barkley racking up over 100 yards tonight. The Egals will continue their dynamic play with one hop overtosser at center while Ertz drops yet another crucial pass.

Gnats win this one for Dallas! :thumbup:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
if he's 1-9 the last 10 games, the law of averages would be in his favor to finally win one.

There are a lot of big, shiny buildings in Las Vegas built by this, the gambler's fallacy.

Flamma

Reaction score
The Eagles have Eli's number... he is 1-9 against them the last 10 head to head in the series.
Maybe the time off will allow Eli to do something different, but the Gmen are banged up. They may cover the 9 point spread, but winning out right AT Philly is a tall order.

Pretty much expected Philly to win this one, however the Gmen may pull out the next matchup AT the Meadowlands?!

Prediction 28-20 Eagles

The past means nothing, as long as the Eagles are struggling they can lose this game.

if he's 1-9 the last 10 games, the law of averages would be in his favor to finally win one.

First you have to establish a law of averages with any given situation. The law of averages says Eli is 10% against the Eagles so he has a 10% chance of winning. The law of averages says Eli will win 1 out of the next ten games they play. Hopefully tonight is the one. Not because of anything Cowboys related, I just like seeing the Eagles lose to teams like Miami and the Giants. I know our season is over.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
https://nypost.com/2019/12/09/the-awkward-eli-manning-question-that-now-haunts-daniel-jones/

The Eagles have Eli's number... he is 1-9 against them the last 10 head to head in the series.
Maybe the time off will allow Eli to do something different, but the Gmen are banged up. They may cover the 9 point spread, but winning out right AT Philly is a tall order.

Pretty much expected Philly to win this one, however the Gmen may pull out the next matchup AT the Meadowlands?!

Prediction 28-20 Eagles

Which is why I have a $50 bet on the Beagles

cern

Reaction score
And yet I wait every year for this same law of averages to put the Cowboys in the NFC championship game.
Sometimes certain teams suck so bad like the Cowboys, Skins and Lions that the law of averages doesn’t even apply.
There are many more variables involved in that scenario. Hopefully not another 25 years.