Eli Manning

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
All right, all right, get it out of your system. I know this is probably a laughable idea to suggest Eli Manning as a possible FA signing for us, but hear me out. When Dak was at a high level, he had Romo on the sideline who could come back in at any time. Additionally, Romo and Mark Sanchez were very helpful to Dak in his rookie season. So, if Eli is released which is highly possible, I'd be actually quite keen for our FO to at least attempt to sign him to compete with Dak. He could fit us the same way that Romo did toward the end, and he'd have better talent around him than he has now. I like Dak, but Eli wouldn't be an atrocious option if he doesn't retire as a vet signing. While I do enjoy having a go at him with laughs, he does have quite a lot of experience and he can still play well. The problem is that the talent around him is atrocious. I'd like to see us have Eli have a go here. What say you all? If you'd rather have a laugh at this idea, then that's perfectly fine too. Just an idea.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes, I sort of expected this reaction to this idea. Still, if we're looking for a veteran who can feasibly compete with Dak (especially seeing that we don't have a 1st round pick and the QBs in this draft are dreadful), then Eli, to me, actually makes sense.

Plus, let's not forget, he does quite well at our stadium for the most part.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think Dak can be ok, if he gets better coaching. His mechanics are awful.

Oh, I agree. I think that Dak will be fine if we get a new coach. I just think that Eli can be that veteran voice that Dak might also need. He hasn't had one since his rookie season. With Dak being a young QB, I think Eli can be very helpful for Dak.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Only vet I'm interested in next year is Fitzpatrick.

Eli isn't coming to Dallas to be a back-up, and I'm not interested in bringing him in as a starter.

He also has made 100's of mils via career earnings and sponsorships, he has no reason to take a low salary deal.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Only vet I'm interested in next year is Fitzpatrick.

Eli isn't coming to Dallas to be a back-up, and I'm not interested in bringing him in as a starter.

He also has made 100's of mils via career earnings and sponsorships, he has no reason to take a low salary deal.

Yeah, you're probably right. I just thought it was worth a go.

DcFootball4

Reaction score
All right, all right, get it out of your system. I know this is probably a laughable idea to suggest Eli Manning as a possible FA signing for us, but hear me out. When Dak was at a high level, he had Romo on the sideline who could come back in at any time. Additionally, Romo and Mark Sanchez were very helpful to Dak in his rookie season. So, if Eli is released which is highly possible, I'd be actually quite keen for our FO to at least attempt to sign him to compete with Dak. He could fit us the same way that Romo did toward the end, and he'd have better talent around him than he has now. I like Dak, but Eli wouldn't be an atrocious option if he doesn't retire as a vet signing. While I do enjoy having a go at him with laughs, he does have quite a lot of experience and he can still play well. The problem is that the talent around him is atrocious. I'd like to see us have Eli have a go here. What say you all? If you'd rather have a laugh at this idea, then that's perfectly fine too. Just an idea.

I really like the idea. I just don’t want it to happen with Eli, I have disliked (can’t say hate cause the only QB I hate is Vick) him since the bs he and his family pulled with what I think was the 04 draft with Rivers. I lost all respect for him after that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I really like the idea. I just don’t want it to happen with Eli, I have disliked (can’t say hate cause the only QB I hate is Vick) him since the bs he and his family pulled with what I think was the 04 draft with Rivers. I lost all respect for him after that.

Fair point. Perhaps Flacco then? He's probably on his way out of Baltimore, and was nearly coached by Garrett.