Elijah Molden met w/cowboys

Carson

Reaction score
Not a fan personally.

My knock on Molden is he’s likely going to end up just a slot corner. He doesn’t play the boundary. He could end up being a FS but I am not sure how successful he would be in a single high.

Love the player ... especially in the 3rd. The early 2nd is bit rich for me.

Washington has been putting out some solid players. Rapp, Budda Baker, King, Murphy, Peters, Trufant, Sidney Jones, Jordan Miller

Last edited:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
My knock on Molden is he’s likely going to end up just a slot corner. He doesn’t play the boundary. He could end up being a FS but I am not sure how successful he would be in a single high.

Love the player ... especially in the 3rd. The early 2nd is bit rich for me.

Washington has been putting out some solid players. Rapp, Budda Baker, King, Murphy, Peters, Trufant, Sidney Jones, Jordan Miller
I wouldnt even want him in round 3 personally.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Any reason? He has solid tape and experience.

Not bashing you as I am no scout and just curious why
He seems aggressive but his tackling looks bad. Puts his head down and lunges and he got run over alot in college. His coverage looks pedestrian as well. I didnt see many deep slot passes that he defended. Just seems like a try hard slot corner that has no real standout trait.

Of course I could be wrong lol

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I like Molden but I think there will be better options in the 2nd and don't think he will be there in the 3rd.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Would y'all take Molden as a FS over Cisco or Washington?

I like Molden more as a slot than FS, but for the Cowboys, Anthony Brown should hold that spot.

Carson

Reaction score
Would y'all take Molden as a FS over Cisco or Washington?

I like Molden more as a slot than FS, but for the Cowboys, Anthony Brown should hold that spot.

That’s tough. Washington seems undersized to be an every down safety. Cisco seems very hit or miss. But. I would simply say I would take them over Molden as they project better as a FS whereas Molden looks perfect playing slot corner

Jfconrow

Reaction score
So much for that. We met him now he’s in everyone’s radar

J-man

Reaction score
I like him as a player. But, unless you know he can be your starting FS you can't take him at 44. We don't need another slot CB taken before the middle rounds at the earliest. And that's if at all, depending on if they re-sign Lewis.

morasp

Reaction score
I wouldn't complain at 44. His football IQ is up there.

Overview
Evaluators will love his instincts, pedigree and elite football character. Some teams might worry about his long speed and whether he can play down the field as a man-to-man nickel while others will see him as a little short to be playing safety. However, there will likely be more teams who see it the other way, viewing Molden as a versatile defender whose competitive nature, play strength and anticipation help him play as big and fast as he needs to. He's a team leader with NFL-caliber play recognition and feel for the game. While he does lack plus acceleration out of transitions, he has fast feet and plays with good balance around the field in both coverage and as a steady, open-field tackler. Molden plays in the mold of a Washington defensive back: with urgency and a nose for the football. He is a Day 2 talent with the intangibles to help elevate a defense.
Strengths
  • Legendary level of football character with a deep, passionate love of the game.
  • Talent and film show potential to play safety and/or nickel.
  • Father was an NFL cornerback.
  • Sees game clearly, helping him play faster than timed speed.
  • Makes eye-catching pre-snap diagnosis.
  • Feisty getting downhill against runs and receiver screens.
  • Rarely runs himself completely out of position in run support.
  • Reliable, ready and strong as open-field tackler.
  • Patient when mirroring release from the slot.
  • Agile, fast feet in his transitions.
  • Looks to smother route breaks in man coverage.
  • Instincts and anticipation keep him locked into route developments from zone.
  • Shows ability for quick plant-and-drive before the ball comes out.
  • On his toes and movement-ready no matter the coverage.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Resign Lewis....and save the pick. I'm tired of seeing us waste draft picks....it's a never ending revolving door. We don't ever build any depth....

phildadon86

Reaction score
Resign Lewis....and save the pick. I'm tired of seeing us waste draft picks....it's a never ending revolving door. We don't ever build any depth....
Lewis? The same MORON that headbutted an opponent in a must win game? Yeah. No. Your football player analysis is brutal.

Sydla

Reaction score

Ehhh Lewis never really developed the way I thought. He's not all that good and kind of a doofus on top of it.