Elliott/Ramsey Hypotheticals

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Please Note: If you're ready to move on from the Jalen Ramsey talk, please do so. Move along and let those of us interested in the conversation have said conversation.

I know the Elliott vs Ramsey conversation is already going strong, but I wanted to rephrase the question.
Would you trade our current situation for any of the following? Call out all that apply.

A) Ramsey + L. Miller (FA) (-Morris)
B) Ramsey + D. Martin (FA) (-Thornton) (-Morris)
C) Ramsey + Murray (Trade 4th round pick; over Tapper) (-Morris)
D) Ramsey + Henry (over Smith)
E) Ramsey + RB later in draft (Dixon, Prosise, Booker, etc)
F) Ramsey; stick with what we have at RB

Keep in mind, we currently have some cap space to play around with come 6/1 cuts. If we had signed Miller or Murray, we likely wouldn't have, even if we assume no Morris. If we signed Martin, it likely would have prevented us from signing Thornton as well. Murray has 12 guaranteed, Miller 14, Martin 15, Elliott (Ramsey) 16.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
I would take any of the above over our current situation, personally.

A - Miller is just 25 and has had a light load to now. I think he'd he'd do damage in our offense; specifically behind our line.
B - Martin is a stud who can do everything. He's coming off an All-Pro season, in which he racked up 1,400 yards at a 4.9 per clip (with a rookie QB.)
C - Murray isn't the sexy option he was a year ago, but he's only 28, has done a lot behind this line already, and only has 12 million guaranteed to him. Essentially a 2 year deal.
D - I'm not a big Henry guy, but would still pull the trigger here.
E - Would love to have landed Dixon, Booker, or Collins around where they were selected.
F - I was fine with McFadden/Morris. I was excited to see Morris back in a zone scheme that fits him so well.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Ramsey + Jason jones + freeney + Thornton + Morris + Dixon + Mario Williams + Henry

All have/ will sign affordable deals. Dang that's a decent pass rush.- sa sa sa Sack that qb
With two rookie rbs and Morris just in case

Would cost me 1/5th in guaranteed money ( maybe less) than the Giants, and Eli would be on his butt every play. Bradford would be crying and faking injuries, and washingtons dude would set a fumble record.

DTown214

Reaction score
I'd rather keep Zeke than any of the scenarios. Yes you can find good running backs later in the draft, but you can't find great backs. Zeke will most likely be a great back. Great running backs have greater impacts than great defensive backs. And I think Ramey is far from a guarantee to be a great defensive back.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Interesting stuff
However, we already know from the Cowboy Zone poll that the 2nd most popular scenario for the 4th pick was by far a trade down, not Ramsey.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
Option A would seem to make the most sense... I would have also liked to see a trade down scenerio where they picked up an extra 2nd and 3rd. They could have gotten Shaq Lawson in the 1st, Jaylon Smith and a wr or db in the 2nd. Collins and another defensive player in the 3rd, and followed the rest of their draft board the rest of the way. They could have also addressed rb in the draft or signed miller for less guaranteed money than Elliott.

In the 2nd scenerio we could have drastically upgraded the defense this season, while also acquring offensive players that can contribute right away. I just hope Elliott turns out to be as good as advertised. If he has the career where he is top 15 in yards from scrimmage, and total tds by the time he is done I will be very happy with this pick. If he goes on to have as good of a career as Faulk or Tomlinson I will be ecstatic...

fortdick

Reaction score
Please Note: If you're ready to move on from the Jalen Ramsey talk, please do so. Move along and let those of us interested in the conversation have said conversation.

I know the Elliott vs Ramsey conversation is already going strong, but I wanted to rephrase the question.
Would you trade our current situation for any of the following? Call out all that apply.

Keep in mind, we currently have some cap space to play around with come 6/1 cuts. If we had signed Miller or Murray, we likely wouldn't have, even if we assume no Morris. If we signed Martin, it likely would have prevented us from signing Thornton as well. Murray has 12 guaranteed, Miller 14, Martin 15, Elliott (Ramsey) 16.

Yes, a lot of folks just won't let it go.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

looks like ramsey will needs microfracture. Dallas picked the right guy