Ellis and a 2nd for John Abraham????

rojan

Reaction score
That sounds like a good trade...John Abraham is in the dawn house in NY.. and Parcells loves the guy...He can allso play 3-4

Skeptic

Reaction score
Wow.

First good trade scenario I've heard.

Abraham carries a hefty salary, however.

I might even consider that a substantial upgrade.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
rojan said:
That sounds like a good trade...John Abraham is in the dawn house in NY.. and Parcells loves the guy...He can allso play 3-4

sorry but i want draftpicks, not give them away plus our best defenive player for a guy who is getting older adn can cause problems

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
rojan said:

No way

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
The Jets won't take less than TWO firsts for Abe.

And they will franchise him every year til he's gray bearded if they have to.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
The Jets won't take less than TWO firsts for Abe.

And they will franchise him every year til he's gray bearded if they have to.

great news, were not stupid enoguh to do that again

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I disagree guys, it will be a draft pick, remember during the draft or right after it was reported that Parcells wanted every bit of information on MLB Ahmad Brooks at 6-4, 250 at Virginia, same school that his former friend and coach Al Groh was coach, this guy will be drafted in top 10, now got to remember that Parcells sees his Cowboys going from 9-7, or 10-6 or if lucky 11-5. To draft in top 10, you have to have a losing record at least 6-10 or less. So, how do you do that if your drafting low, draft picks. Me personally I would like to see the Cowboys draft NT Halati Ngnta at 6-4 1/2 and 335, very powerful, quick to, about 4.88 in 40. That is super for a guy of his size. That would give us, basically 3 number 1's on front line with defensive line, Spears, Ware and Halati, along with Canty, then you add in Fergueson, Cason, Ratliff and Coleman, that adds up to 8 defensive linemen in front line, and most likely Parcells would trade LaGlover too.
Yet, my gut tells me MLB Ahman Brooks, that is strength of the 3-4, killer linebackers, remember his Giants linebackers, Lawrence Taylor, Carl Banks, Harry Carson, and Gary Reasons, and a second draft choice on another young offensive lineman or a wide receiver, draft pros have us taking Whitworth OT from LSU, but I say its a linebacker or defensive lineman, defense kills and wins championships. What do you guys think?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
rojan said:

gee why stop there...lets trade Glover and a 2nd for Ed Reed to fill that FS hole...and while we're at it why not send Dan Campbell and a 3rd to Green Bay for Jevon Walker...they might want Campbell to compensate for a Bubba Franks holdout...

now turn off the Playstation John Madden football

David

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dargonking999 said:
sorry but i want draftpicks, not give them away plus our best defenive player for a guy who is getting older adn can cause problems

Exactly.

We're getting too old already.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967 said:
gee why stop there...lets trade Glover and a 2nd for Ed Reed to fill that FS hole...and while we're at it why not send Dan Campbell and a 3rd to Green Bay for Jevon Walker...they might want Campbell to compensate for a Bubba Franks holdout...

David

LOL!

Yep!

Eddie

Reaction score
Dexter Coakley and a 4th for John Abraham.

While we're at it, let's turn Dat into a Safety and Larry Allen into DT.

2much2soon

Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:
I disagree guys, it will be a draft pick, remember during the draft or right after it was reported that Parcells wanted every bit of information on MLB Ahmad Brooks at 6-4, 250 at Virginia, same school that his former friend and coach Al Groh was coach, this guy will be drafted in top 10, now got to remember that Parcells sees his Cowboys going from 9-7, or 10-6 or if lucky 11-5. To draft in top 10, you have to have a losing record at least 6-10 or less. So, how do you do that if your drafting low, draft picks. Me personally I would like to see the Cowboys draft NT Halati Ngnta at 6-4 1/2 and 335, very powerful, quick to, about 4.88 in 40. That is super for a guy of his size. That would give us, basically 3 number 1's on front line with defensive line, Spears, Ware and Halati, along with Canty, then you add in Fergueson, Cason, Ratliff and Coleman, that adds up to 8 defensive linemen in front line, and most likely Parcells would trade LaGlover too.
Yet, my gut tells me MLB Ahman Brooks, that is strength of the 3-4, killer linebackers, remember his Giants linebackers, Lawrence Taylor, Carl Banks, Harry Carson, and Gary Reasons, and a second draft choice on another young offensive lineman or a wide receiver, draft pros have us taking Whitworth OT from LSU, but I say its a linebacker or defensive lineman, defense kills and wins championships. What do you guys think?

I heard all the hype about Ahmad Brooks last year. Then I saw him play. Unless he improves considerably he won't sniff the top 10.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I agree, Brooks in some games just disappeared, but at same time, Coach Parcells told his staff he wanted all tape of him, and for this year too, so with scouts getting info on him for Parcells, and if he likes him, i say its Ahmad, but again, i like the NT Halati, gosh this kid is a young Sam Adams, at 6-4 1/2 335, with 4.88 speed in 40, he pushes guys back, constantly beats double team blocks, just to me though, Parcells loves linebackers, so look out, cowboyjoe

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:

I like the way you think... I like both of those guys too... This year when they were projected to possibly leave school early for the pros, I was really fired up... When they didn't, that just made this years draft class that much weaker from earlier projections.

I would have loved to have Ngata in this draft, and sure wouldn't mind next year... A powerful guy, a true NT and would be awesome if Dallas could pick him up next year too.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/prospects/halotiNgata.cfm

Imagine Ngata and Fergi side by side in a 4-3 look on short down defense.

Brooks is supposed to be a physical freak... I think he can return kickoffs too. He is huge and a superior athelete. Man imagine a Ray Lewis and Lawrence Taylor wrapped up in one body. If Dallas gets either of these guys in next year's draft it would be a gigantic upgrade.

http://virginiasports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/brooks_ahmad00.html

I wonder if by then we'll be looking for a quarterback...

Westcoasthabsfan

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:

David

lol good one

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki said:
Yeah... Canty the TE!

What doof suggested that?

Oh yeah...