Emmanuel Forbes at 26?

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I have seen where the Cowboys have had a formal meeting with Forbes. This is good news because the kid can play some football... I watched some of their games and he sticks out with his play ability. I know some are worried about his weight however that is of no real concern to me because he plays physical enough and mind you it was in the SEC. If he's there at 26, draft him. We need another ball hawk to pair with Diggs.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I want to see what he weighs in at because he looks like Nahshon Wright after a bad stomach flu.
Yeah.. He’s a talented kid with and has a lot of what we look for. But he lacks size and doesn’t tackle well. Strictly as a cover guy, he’s one of the best in the class.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah.. He’s a talented kid with and has a lot of what we look for. But he lacks size and doesn’t tackle well. Strictly as a cover guy, he’s one of the best in the class.
He reminds me of Fred Smoot.

Just physically. I'm sure he's not a complete moron like Smoot was.

cnuball21

Reaction score
1 offseason with NFL weight training / diet he’s 180+.

He’s a stud…100% should be in play at 26 if he tests well.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I want to see what he weighs in at because he looks like Nahshon Wright after a bad stomach flu.
He told reporters today that he's around 173 pounds. If the Cowboys could get him to around 185 to start the season that would be good.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I have seen where the Cowboys have had a formal meeting with Forbes. This is good news because the kid can play some football... I watched some of their games and he sticks out with his play ability. I know some are worried about his weight however that is of no real concern to me because he plays physical enough and mind you it was in the SEC. If he's there at 26, draft him. We need another ball hawk to pair with Diggs.
I wouldn’t mind it at all. I kind of view him as Witherspoon lite… and Witherspoon might be my favorite player in this whole draft.

You’re going to hear a lot of people here saying that he is a bad tackler, and that we can’t have another bad tackler in the defensive backfield (along with Diggs).

However, the guy isn’t that bad tackling. He isn’t afraid of the contact and can be very aggressive hitting the ball carrier. It isn’t something that he couldn’t correct with the coaches, IMO. If Dallas drafts him, they will be comfortable with his tackling.

He has just about every positive that I want in a corner. He’s a feisty, combative, natural outside corner who is aggressive, plays the ball, has very good eyes, and is a born ball hawk (which you either are or you aren’t… you can’t really coach that). He is long, athletic, and twitchy.

Playing opposite Diggs, his length and athleticism, along with his combative and aggressive nature would be no walk in the park for the WR to deal with. He is a pain in the *** to play against.

Frankly, starting day 1 he would be much more difficult to deal with than anyone Dallas had opposite Diggs last year. He would improve every week too. And with ball skills very much like Diggs, he would just about make the offense have to throw at a guy who will flat out take the ball away from you. Plus, Bland is a little bit of a ball-hawk himself, creating a environment where QB’s would be very nervous.

Really, the only negatives that I see with Forbes is his hit-and-miss tackling and a frame that could be a little bit thicker. I think he would immediately make the Dallas defense better and is an attitude and aggressiveness that I would love to inject into that side of the ball. And really, that is why you draft a corner… to make your defense better.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I certainly can get board with him at 26, he is a legitimate ball hawk, having him, Diggs and Bland would create a ton of turnovers

RS12

Reaction score
Doubt they go defense at 26 but if he is the highest rated fine. At that weight he won't even be a speed bump vs the run though.

JBS

Reaction score
Not interested in this guy at all at 26

Wouldn’t take a cb at all at 26 unless one of the top 3 fall

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind it at all. I kind of view him as Witherspoon lite… and Witherspoon might be my favorite player in this whole draft.

You’re going to hear a lot of people here saying that he is a bad tackler, and that we can’t have another bad tackler in the defensive backfield (along with Diggs).

However, the guy isn’t that bad tackling. He isn’t afraid of the contact and can be very aggressive hitting the ball carrier. It isn’t something that he couldn’t correct with the coaches, IMO. If Dallas drafts him, they will be comfortable with his tackling.

He has just about every positive that I want in a corner. He’s a feisty, combative, natural outside corner who is aggressive, plays the ball, has very good eyes, and is a born ball hawk (which you either are or you aren’t… you can’t really coach that). He is long, athletic, and twitchy.

Playing opposite Diggs, his length and athleticism, along with his combative and aggressive nature would be no walk in the park for the WR to deal with. He is a pain in the *** to play against.

Frankly, starting day 1 he would be much more difficult to deal with than anyone Dallas had opposite Diggs last year. He would improve every week too. And with ball skills very much like Diggs, he would just about make the offense have to throw at a guy who will flat out take the ball away from you. Plus, Bland is a little bit of a ball-hawk himself, creating a environment where QB’s would be very nervous.

Really, the only negatives that I see with Forbes is his hit-and-miss tackling and a frame that could be a little bit thicker. I think he would immediately make the Dallas defense better and is an attitude and aggressiveness that I would love to inject into that side of the ball. And really, that is why you draft a corner… to make your defense better.
I agree with everything you said here...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

giphy.gif

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He told reporters today that he's around 173 pounds. If the Cowboys could get him to around 185 to start the season that would be good.
Why wouldn't he already be 185 or more if he could be? He had to know this would be a huge negative to his draft stock. Maybe he can't gain weight.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Diggs also played in the SEC and we're complaining about him making business decisions. Forbes is 20 pounds lighter.

The SEC is not the NFL. Do not expect a smaller guy to be more physical, and definitely don't take him in the first round.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He weighs 170lbs. He is smaller then most of our wives. :laugh: :popcorn::laugh: Teams will run power sweeps at him all day.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
My biggest worry he lacks elite speed, we need a corner to matchup with that type of receiver as Diggs is better served against the so call big receiver. If he runs better then expected in will certainly be in the conversation at 26, don’t think even a slow 40 time will have him dropping to 58, cannot teach those terrific ball skills. We all complain about Brown/Awuzie never locating the football when his back is to the QB, he can do it!