Emmitt like Dorsett??

billknows

Reaction score
Crazy88 said:
ive seen alot of great debates like this one. Ive never been able to watch TD play other although read alot about how great he was and i have no doubts given the 2 facts of 1: he wore a star on his helmet and 2: he is now in the ring of honour :bow:

but why do people never mention Moose when they say how good a RB Emmitt was. Correct me if im wrong here but didnt emmitt mention Moose in his speech after the Seattle game when he broke the all time rushing record?

True ,when Emmitt broke the rushing record ,he went to the sidelines and hugged Moose and said,"I couldn't have done it without you"...true story

CooterBrown

Reaction score
Chief, you are exactly right about Thomas. Could have been one of the greats. I agree with you about Brown also. I think he saw a guy that was going to break all his records and he successfully did all he could to derail the guys career.

On the other hand, Thomas was young and if he had kept his head on straight, the Cowboys wouldn't have made the deal that allowed them to draft Tony Dorsett. And, as good as Thomas was, I think TD was better. All's well that ends well and except for a couple seasons between Thomas and Dorsett, it worked out okay for the Cowboys.

And my comments about the comparison between Emmitt and TD would be that their vision and explosiveness was similar, but they played in different eras. TD was surprisingly strong for a small back and would slip through arm tackles without breaking stride. He was a complete back, running, catching, and blocking, but he never played against 340 pound defensive lineman or 260 pound linebackers like Emmitt did.

Lets just say they were both the best of their era and be proud of the fact that they played for the Cowboys.