Video: Emmitt Smith Career Highlights

John813

Reaction score
He had every trick in the book.

Could juke you, stutter step, spin, stiff arm, bowl you over, fight off a non perfect tackle, evade, or just run past you.

Add in the durability and toughness, man, he was a treat to watch.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Emmett - 100 times better than Zeke.

Sure, he held out once as well, but at least he asked for a new contract after winning a super bowl, unlike that greedy, selfish punk who hasn't won anything.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Back in the day, I used to have arguments with people about Emmitt vs. Sanders. IMO, Emmitt was such a downhill runner who hit the holes so fast that he rarely lost yardage. Barry would dance around have have some highlight runs but he put his team in trouble too.

Smith: Run for 5 yards, run for 5 yards, run for 5 yards. Result 15 yards and a 2nd and 5 situation. 3 carries for 15 yards.
Sanders: Run for 20 yards, run for 0 yards, run for -5 yards. Result 15 yards and a 3rd and 15 situation. 3 carries for 15 yards.

Smith was flashy from time to time but for the most part, he just hit holes at speed, shifted a little and got good yards. You win games like that.

When you add in his cool personality and the epic games like the shoulder separation, he is probably my favorite Cowboy of all time.

NeathBlue

Reaction score

Sure, he held out once as well, but at least he asked for a new contract after winning a super bowl, unlike that greedy, selfish punk who hasn't won anything.

Wish Herschel Walker had had the OL in his first year with Dallas that Zeke has had... Still remember listening on the radio to his debut against the Giants.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

If he's so good you should a least spell his name right.

Ky31

Reaction score
It's easy to forget how good he was.

The 75 yarder against the Commanders has always been one of my favorite TD’s by any player ever...we lost that game...it was Monday night game, we ended beating them later that yr when they were 11-0...what a good time to be a fan!! Thanks posting this!

NeathBlue

Reaction score
The 75 yarder against the Commanders has always been one of my favorite TD’s by any player ever...we lost that game...it was Monday night game, we ended beating them later that yr when they were 11-0...what a good time to be a fan!! Thanks posting this!

That was a strange game, we were giving them a beating but we lost Emmitt to dehydration... and didn’t the Commanders kicker kick three 50+ yard field goals in the same quarter?

Ky31

Reaction score
That was a strange game, we were giving them a beating but we lost Emmitt to dehydration... and didn’t the Commanders kicker kick three 50+ yard field goals in the same quarter?
Yes...Chip Lohmiller!! 34-33 I believe!!

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Well, he did win a National Championship. :thumbup:

JayFord

Reaction score
Nope. All the O-line did all the work. Emmitt was average... Says every jealous Cowboys hater..

EMMITT SMITH =GOAT

I never understood that argument but cowboys haters rarely make smart arguments

I always told them You’re supposed to have a good offensive line.....