Video: Emmitt Smith Career Highlights

johneric8

Reaction score
If you watch how quick and short emmit's steps were you will see that Tony Pollard runs almost identically to him. I really believe Pollard is special, even more so than Zeke when it comes to making the most of a great offensive line. As great as zeke is as a runner, his vision is nowhere near what Pollards has shown to be, and he certainly doesn't have the quick steps to and from the holes like Pollard. I know zeke is better right now, but I 100% believe that Pollard is more of a dangerous runner with this line. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that zeke holds out for a while so everyone can see it. He is built for this online as far as I'm concerned.

Thomas82

Reaction score
The 75 yarder against the Commanders has always been one of my favorite TD’s by any player ever...we lost that game...it was Monday night game, we ended beating them later that yr when they were 11-0...what a good time to be a fan!! Thanks posting this!

Yeah, and Emmitt was sick that game and didn't even play in the 2nd half. Who knows how many yards he would have finished with if he had been able to finish the game.

dckid

Reaction score
Yes...Chip Lohmiller!! 34-33 I believe!!
Man, I loved those high school days... Cowboys just started to get good. I still think that 1991 team could have shocked the Skins in the playoffs. We had their number, but couldn't get past the Lions.
11-5. That was the breakout season. Aikman to Harper against the Skins in RFK to end the first half, then Aikman sprained his knee and Berulein came in to salvage the season. Even 30 years ago Jimmy was a better team builder than our current FO, but I digress.
Loved ending the Skins undefeated streak. Irvin torched Darrell Green in that game, and Madden was loving the Cowboys. Jimmy pulled out all the tricks including an onside kick that we recovered.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
If you watch how quick and short emmit's steps were you will see that Tony Pollard runs almost identically to him. I really believe Pollard is special, even more so than Zeke when it comes to making the most of a great offensive line. As great as zeke is as a runner, his vision is nowhere near what Pollards has shown to be, and he certainly doesn't have the quick steps to and from the holes like Pollard. I know zeke is better right now, but I 100% believe that Pollard is more of a dangerous runner with this line. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that zeke holds out for a while so everyone can see it. He is built for this online as far as I'm concerned.

Runs like Emmitt and better than Zeke but wasn't the number 1 back on his college team

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
His balance was unreal and he could find a crease faster than just about anyone I've ever seen. I mean, there's a reason he's the all-time leading rusher.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
it would be great if you are right, but let's slow down a touch here. At least wait until the real games start before we anoint him as Emmitt 2.0

stuckindc

Reaction score
ES had another long run against the Skins when he busted out , did a little stop and go in full stride and made Darrel Green completely grasp air.. Torched him...It was payback fro when DG ran Tony D down on a long run...Skins fans always talked about how great that was ..until #22 made him look like a fool...then silence...ES was a Commander killer..I think he avg. over 100 yds per game against them

sean10mm

Reaction score

Runs like Emmitt and better than Zeke but wasn't the number 1 back on his college team

Yeah that's quite a mystery there lol

chagus

Reaction score
Man... Emmitt just BURST thru a hole and he was GONE! No fear. Plus... nobody could tackle him up high. It was impossible. Power, speed, elusiveness, blocking, catching, the the no helmet rule... Emmitt did it all.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
No, it's not. Not if you were watching him at the time. :flagwave:

It is easy to forget how bad the picture quality was though. lol

Haha right!? I always think of that when I see old football clips. Heck, even some from the early 2000s were bad and I just don't remember them being that way. It's crazy. 1080p/4K has us all spoiled.

Back to Emmitt Smith. What a player. I'm glad I got to watch him play. I was just a teenybopper in those days and not quite as fanatical about the Cowboys as I am today, but, I still got to witness his greatness. He is the GOAT IMO and my #1 point I drive home with the whole Barry vs. Emmitt argument is "who holds the rushing record?". That's right. Emmitt freaking Smith. End of debate. :D

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Haha right!? I always think of that when I see old football clips. Heck, even some from the early 2000s were bad and I just don't remember them being that way. It's crazy. 1080p/4K has us all spoiled.

Back to Emmitt Smith. What a player. I'm glad I got to watch him play. I was just a teenybopper in those days and not quite as fanatical about the Cowboys as I am today, but, I still got to witness his greatness. He is the GOAT IMO and my #1 point I drive home with the whole Barry vs. Emmitt argument is "who holds the rushing record?". That's right. Emmitt freaking Smith. End of debate. :D
Barry was really fun to watch though!

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Emmett - 100 times better than Zeke.

Sure, he held out once as well, but at least he asked for a new contract after winning a super bowl, unlike that greedy, selfish punk who hasn't won anything.

Your boo-hooing would have been so much more compelling if you didn't MISSPELL EMMITT'S NAME