Emmitt Smith receives the Doak Walker Legends Award

triplets_93

Reaction score
There's some video of Emmitt at the Doak Walker Press Conference answering a question about his harsh evaluation of the Cowboys and why he said what he said. It was on the News, but the video of that segment hasn't been uploaded yet...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Doak Walker Award honors the top running back in college football in the United States. Established in 1990, it is named in honor of Doak Walker, a former running back who played for the SMU Mustangs from 1945 to 1949 and in the National Football League (NFL) for the Detroit Lions from 1950 to 1955. The player is selected by the award's National Selection Committee, which consists of notable sportswriters, television commentators, analysts, radio sports personalities and former All-America and NFL All-Pro football players.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Emmitt Smith, All Time NFL leading Rusher....an NFL record that will NEVER be broken..
It's much more than just the rushing yards all time record. Emmitt holds 4 of the 5 all time career rushing records: attempts, yards, rushing tds, and 100 yard games.

There's many other outstanding accomplishments Emmitt Smith has achieved in his career.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Emmitt Smith, All Time NFL leading Rusher....an NFL record that will NEVER be broken..
I wouldn’t say never, Adrian Peterson was an injury and a suspension away from really flirting with the record. I will say it’s one of the if not the hardest career record to break

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say never, Adrian Peterson was an injury and a suspension away from really flirting with the record. I will say it’s one of the if not the hardest career record to break
In todays NFL, running back isn't looked at as a valued position topay big money, you're not going to see a running back on one team for more than ten years, plus it's a passing league now..use them, don't pay them, move on and get another one, that's the league today

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
In todays NFL, running back isn't looked at as a valued position topay big money, you're not going to see a running back on one team for more than ten years, plus it's a passing league now..use them, don't pay them, move on and get another one, that's the league today
Exactly.

Back in Emmitt's day, you probably weren't going to win with a QB throwing it 35-40 times a game. The run game was vital to winning titles.

That has all changed now. RB's are dime a dozen.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hope he makes time during his speech to keep ripping the Cowboys.....
You would have never seen or heard Emmitt or any other Cowboy on those teams come out after a loss and say, "We were tired..."!

Played with a dislocated shoulder to make sure they won an important game.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
You would have never seen or heard Emmitt or any other Cowboy on those teams come out after a loss and say, "We were tired..."!

Played with a dislocated shoulder to make sure they won an important game.
And only time the Legend John Madden went down to the locker room after a game to congratulate a player on a gutsy performance..

Emmiitt single handedly won that game because to him winning was more important than pain and excuses..

I know what I'm tired from.....listening to players excuses after every season.....