EMMITTnROY's random postgame thoughts..

sillycon

Reaction score
Rack;1666181 said:
Neither the INT nor the FR were "Gimmes". On the fumble recovery, if he'd been just a second later getting to that ball, a Bear would of recovered it (don't know who it was, but there was a bear right there right after Roy jumped on it).

And on the INT Roy made a great play to cut in front of the reciever.

If I remember correctly on the fumble, when it was ripped out, RW was basically there in front of the ball. It didn't take a superhuman effort to get to it. As for the INT, it's Rex at the helm. You're looking pass. Nice break to the ball by RW but again, it's A. easier when the opposing QB is on his heels and has to go pass pass pass (plus we're talking about Rex Grossman here...) and B. it didn't mean anything to the game itself. The game was already over at that point...

CalCBFan

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1665995 said:
@#3. Roy got lucky his wimpy *** attempt at a tackle diddnt result in more than it did.
I thought that shoulder job let Olsen (or was it the other TE??) go for about 50 yards. They stopped him down near the goal, but the next play was a TD.

That horsecollar just as the half was coming to an end cost us 15 more yards. The guy was going out of bounds, and I rather give Grossman the time on the clock (more time to throw INTs) than the yardage.

Roy Williams is a liability. It will really show up against the Pats...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I challenge everyone to go back and watch the video again as I just did. Roy Williams was a star tonight. He made one bad play, but he broke up a couple of passes, intercepted one, dove over an offensivie player and made a tackle on a running back, recovered a fumble, made some nice tackles, and if you go back and read my posts, you know I'm hard on Roy, but it's time for me to back off for a few weeks on RW.

Romo is going to make Jerry Jones go broke. ;)

Keith DAvis talked the talk and walked the walk.

Witten/TO are deadly deadly deadly.

Hats off to Garrett and Wade Phillips for being so aggressive. They remind me of those great offensive teams that just kicks you, drive over you, jumps up and down on your carcus, and serves your remains to vulchers.

Henry will sore in this defense, since he's allowed to jump routes, with safety help over the to.

OLine = SB calibre

D-Line played very good, you can't sack on every down.

Bradie James has scraped himself off the pavement, and refreshed his career.

Pat Watkins is slowly becoming a player.

Hamlin, is the FS we've been waiting for all this time.

JJ - I think he's a nice change of pace back.

Barber, no words.

All in all, great win against the cream of the crop.

superpunk

Reaction score
Great post. (Don't worry about Sally Menstrual Cycle)

How bout Killer and Watkins making BIG plays against that special teams unit and Hester?

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Clove;1666196 said:
I challenge everyone to go back and watch the video again as I just did. Roy Williams was a star tonight. He made one bad play, but he broke up a couple of passes, intercepted one, dove over an offensivie player and made a tackle on a running back, recovered a fumble, made some nice tackles, and if you go back and read my posts, you know I'm hard on Roy, but it's time for me to back off for a few weeks on RW.
I couldn't believe they didn't show a replay of that tackle! That was such a great play by Roy. Again, if anyone could post a link to that play, I'd love to see it again.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;1666129 said:
I'm really not one to be rude, but you keep pushing me..

Listen, you obviously kinda suck when it comes to having debates and arguing.. So why don't we try something else that you might be better at? That would be more fun.. Checkers? A spelling contest? Arm Wrestling?Hungry Hungry Hippos? Super Mario Bros? You just let me know, I'm ready whenever..

:bow:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
sillycon;1666189 said:
If I remember correctly on the fumble, when it was ripped out, RW was basically there in front of the ball. It didn't take a superhuman effort to get to it. As for the INT, it's Rex at the helm. You're looking pass. Nice break to the ball by RW but again, it's A. easier when the opposing QB is on his heels and has to go pass pass pass (plus we're talking about Rex Grossman here...) and B. it didn't mean anything to the game itself. The game was already over at that point...
Regardless of whether it was Rex throwing the ball or Peyton Manning throwing it, the pass was perfectly thrown. Roy just made a great play on the ball.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1666005 said:
Because that missed tackle was shameful.

Because Roy likes to be on Sports center and he made it again --because his big hit made him look like a loser

JerryFan

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;1665990 said:
1. It warmed my heart to see a Cowboy/Sooner (Remi) force a fumble from a Longhorn/Bear (Benson) and to be recovered by a Cowboy/Sooner (Roy).

2. Apparently the Bears hired the refs from the Steelers/Seahawks Super Bowl.

3. I better read nothing but praise for Roy Williams and Anthony Henry the rest of the week. These two guys were almost ran out of town here at the Zone after the 1st week, but they have combined for 7 turnovers over the last two weeks. That's big time. And did anyone catch a ball on Roy all game? Big time.

4. He won't get much credit because all his big plays were called back because of bad calls, but Julius played a good game tonight. I hope that Wade and Garrett don't listen to the fans and keep the Jones/Barber combo just the way it is. I think that Barber is the better player, but I think the combo is just right the way it is.

5. We just beat the defending NFC Champs by 24 points. At their home. Without Terry Glenn, Greg Ellis, Tank Johnson or a completely healthy Terence Newman. We're gonna get even better.

6. Newman leveling a Pro Bowl center was beautiful.

7. Sam Hurd will be on Jacked Up! tomorrow.

8. They never showed a replay of it, but Roy made a pretty great tackle by jumping over a blocker and landing on top of Benson. If anyone has a video clip of that, I'd love to see it again to see if it was impressive as it seemed.

9. Marion Barber is freaking awesome.

10. I love how close Romo and T.O. have become. If Romo breaks up with Carrie Underwood, it will be because he is leaving her for Terrell Owens.

11. Props to Pat McQuistan for his hustle on the field goal block to make a TD saving tackle.

12. Romo is Houdini in the pocket.

13. Great special teams play by Keith Davis and Patrick Watkins. What a play when Davis forced the fumble. Nobody has ever contained Devin Hester better than we did tonight. We thought our special teams coverage was going to be a weakness, but we shut down the best tonight.

14. Forget Brangelina. Tomkat is old news. Bennifer? So three years ago. It's all about Demarthony.

15. I think our offensive line could defeat Chuck Norris.

Gotta say I enjoy seeing Roy play LB in the nickel. With Roy and Burnett out there in the nickel the check down routes are getting pounced on. It sure makes a difference when a player is put in a position to play to his strengths.

Kilyin

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;1665990 said:
7. Sam Hurd will be on Jacked Up! tomorrow.

I think they got rid of Jacked Up! Which kinda blows because it was one of the few things ESPN did that I actually enjoyed.

I haven't seen it at all this year.

NickZepp

Reaction score
1. It warmed my heart to see a Cowboy/Sooner (Remi) force a fumble from a Longhorn/Bear (Benson) and to be recovered by a Cowboy/Sooner (Roy).

I was giddy after that also. Actually Tommie played well for the Bears for most of the game. Romo just was able to avoid the guy some how. Romo is amazing.

2. Apparently the Bears hired the refs from the Steelers/Seahawks Super Bowl.

They were terrible the first half. I didn't really see anything bad in the 2nd half. But we were also kicking their ***** so bad it didn't really matter.

3. I better read nothing but praise for Roy Williams and Anthony Henry the rest of the week. These two guys were almost ran out of town here at the Zone after the 1st week, but they have combined for 7 turnovers over the last two weeks. That's big time. And did anyone catch a ball on Roy all game? Big time.

Roy has played real well the last 2 games. He's shown he's a play maker. Henry is a solid cover guy when healthy. He wasn't really healthy all year last year. This year he is healthy. When TNew gets healthy we'll have the 2 of the better CBs in the NFL. Now all we have to do is continue to pressure the QB. That was the big thing we did most of last night.

4. He won't get much credit because all his big plays were called back because of bad calls, but Julius played a good game tonight. I hope that Wade and Garrett don't listen to the fans and keep the Jones/Barber combo just the way it is. I think that Barber is the better player, but I think the combo is just right the way it is.

I agree. This combo is a big reason why Barber is so good at the end of games. He and JJ probably had similar numbers the first 7 carries. But Barber is the better back. There's no doubt about that. Those 2 splitting carries will only help Barber later on. You watch on a team like Minn with AD. I have all the respect in the world for AD. But if Taylor is a long time he'll be worn down 12 or 13 games in.

5. We just beat the defending NFC Champs by 24 points. At their home. Without Terry Glenn, Greg Ellis, Tank Johnson or a completely healthy Terence Newman. We're gonna get even better.

It's scary how good we are right now. This team is scoring right now. 45, 37, 34. The 90's Cowboys teams never had back to back 30+ point games according to Fox last week. This is 3 straight. And yes the defense is a big reason for the scoring.

6. Newman leveling a Pro Bowl center was beautiful.

Can't wait till he gets 100%

8. They never showed a replay of it, but Roy made a pretty great tackle by jumping over a blocker and landing on top of Benson. If anyone has a video clip of that, I'd love to see it again to see if it was impressive as it seemed.

I've said this since his college days but Benson is a weak back. Never had big games in college against good defenses and he's done pretty much the same in the NFL. There's just fewer bad defenses for him to really have big games against.

9. Marion Barber is freaking awesome.

The word "duh" come to mind

10. I love how close Romo and T.O. have become. If Romo breaks up with Carrie Underwood, it will be because he is leaving her for Terrell Owens.

LOL great quote. But I think Romo loves Witten also.

12. Romo is Houdini in the pocket.

There were a lot of times when the offensive line breaks down and he makes a move and gets a pass off and sometimes it was incomplete but that's better than a sack.

13. Great special teams play by Keith Davis and Patrick Watkins. What a play when Davis forced the fumble. Nobody has ever contained Devin Hester better than we did tonight. We thought our special teams coverage was going to be a weakness, but we shut down the best tonight.

Our special teams played awesome outside of the blocked kick and near blocked punt.

15. I think our offensive line could defeat Chuck Norris.

Our offensive line played hard. They weren't perfect. But Romo made them look better then they really played.

zeromaster

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1666012 said:
I am an atheist, so shove it. That play was just sad, and we should all expect better from him.
That is so classy.

Maybe you'll be in for a little surprise...
:lmao2: