Enjoy the Five Championships

Steve007

Reaction score
At the age of 58, I am not looking to see another championship in my lifetime. This team, from ownership, down to the folks turning out the lights; have been snake bitten.

Player excitement, media polls, and popularity are now the ebbs and flows of a once proud and revered franchise. Looking forward to next year's Forbes rankings.
I have a DVD box set with all their Superbowls and greatest games. When I want to see a great team I just play one of those games.

Hardline

Reaction score
Don't worry. Jerry and Stephen will never see another Super Bowl championship in their lifetime either.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
as long as Jerry is the GM and then his son takes over. we will not see another championship.

I gave up on this season in pre-season. I know the results. at best, one and done in playoffs and a bunch more empty promises from Jerry.
Why couldn't you have given the rest of us a heads up bro, I mean we are all in this together.

JBS

Reaction score
12 and 5 followed by 6 and 3 is crap. The real crap show is the Rams.
Enjoy the regular season wins. The rams won a Super Bowl 9 months ago. Settle down now.

rambo2

Reaction score
Enjoy the regular season wins. The rams won a Super Bowl 9 months ago. Settle down now.
The Cowboys are a contender this year and will be a contender next year. The Rams flat out suck and their top 10 draft pick will go to the Lions.

plasticman

Reaction score
Are there fans more manic depressive than Cowboys fans? We live in the world of extremes.

Two days ago we were on top of the world, ready to retire our nemesis Aaron Rodgers. Now we are on the same level as Raider fans.

Did you know that, during the regular season of the Cowboys first championship the Cowboys lost to a team that didn't have a winning record in their franchise's history until 16 years later? Not only that, but their quarterback was a rookie......Archie Manning.

In the Cowboys 2nd championship season they were riding an 8 game winning streak. They lost their next two games, albeit against good teams. I'm glad there was no internet. As it turned out, those were their only two losses for the season.

The revered 92' Super Bowl team lost to the 6-10 Rams quarterbacked by Jim Everett.

The Cowboys 93' Super Bowl team lost to the 6-10 Falcons.

The Cowboys 95' Super Bowl team got swept in the regular season by 6-10 Washington.

Let's see what malor swing to our emotions will happen next Sunday.

Until then, I recommend that we all drink heavily.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just be glad you got to see 5 of them. Anyone under 27 wasn’t even alive the last time the Cowboys won a divisional round game. Some of them may not live long enough to see the Cowboys win a championship. I’m thankful I got to see the team win all 5 of their championships and if they never win another one I’ll be at peace with it.

Sad but may be a true statement. The Cowboys have too great a history to be fodder for talk like this.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have a DVD box set with all their Superbowls and greatest games. When I want to see a great team I just play one of those games.

That's the good thing about living through them, when you watch the games, you still remember each moment. How old you were. Where you lived. Talking with your friends/rivals. Celebrating being on top, etc.

madcow74

Reaction score
I've seen 3 cowboy championships and finally saw the CUBS win it all! As I have grown up, I'm still invested but realized it isn't that important.

The beauty of football Sundays is getting together with my family.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
At the age of 58, I am not looking to see another championship in my lifetime. This team, from ownership, down to the folks turning out the lights; have been snake bitten.

Player excitement, media polls, and popularity are now the ebbs and flows of a once proud and revered franchise. Looking forward to next year's Forbes rankings.
I just turned 51 and feel the same. I missed the 70s Staubach & company glory days - Danny White was the QB I grew up with. Just have to remember the Jimmy teams of the 90s and how special that was- just not long enough

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Go back and watch Super Bowl 12. You will a dominant defense. Then watch Super Bowl 27. You will see a real offense. Them watch 2022 cowboys and you will say man this team is not even close.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Romo never won a SB. Marino never won a SB. Kelly never won a SB. Moon never won a SB. Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler won SBs. So yes, Dak is good enough. Football is a team game, especially in the playoffs.

Win or lose any single game, I was hopeful that we’d go deep in the playoffs this year or next because we seemed to finally have a defense. We are strong enough and have depth everywhere except LB. Teams are not running up the middle. We are being gashed off tackle and at DEs because of scheme and lack of discipline, and our LBs are not good enough to make up for that. It is now on Quinn and McCarthy to adjust and get it done and hold players accountable.

If the defense can shape up and look as dominate as they did for a short stretch, we can still have a special year (assuming Big Mike puts his foot up Moore’s butt the next time he strays from the winning formula).

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Are there fans more manic depressive than Cowboys fans? We live in the world of extremes.

Two days ago we were on top of the world, ready to retire our nemesis Aaron Rodgers. Now we are on the same level as Raider fans.

Did you know that, during the regular season of the Cowboys first championship the Cowboys lost to a team that didn't have a winning record in their franchise's history until 16 years later? Not only that, but their quarterback was a rookie......Archie Manning.

In the Cowboys 2nd championship season they were riding an 8 game winning streak. They lost their next two games, albeit against good teams. I'm glad there was no internet. As it turned out, those were their only two losses for the season.

The revered 92' Super Bowl team lost to the 6-10 Rams quarterbacked by Jim Everett.

The Cowboys 93' Super Bowl team lost to the 6-10 Falcons.

The Cowboys 95' Super Bowl team got swept in the regular season by 6-10 Washington.

Let's see what malor swing to our emotions will happen next Sunday.

Until then, I recommend that we all drink heavily.
I think the main concern is the 26 years of mediocrity