enough already

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i am tired of hearing all this nonsense about....dont take a DB in the first cause we have so much tied up in our secondary already.

i am tired of hearing dont take an OG in the first cause its a wasted pick.

i am tired of hearing dont draft a kicker or punter.

So what if we take OL with our first 3 picks...big freakin deal. Our OL wasnt that great in recent years remember?

So what if we take a DB in the first round.........Henry has been hurt the last two years (durability is a concern), glenn is old, our safeties were toasted more than NY Bagels..... On top of that, I am definitely not satisfied with our depth (REEVES MUST GO...and possibly jones too)

Quite frankly I dont care what position we draft or where we draft it....I just want players that will come in and make a positive impact on this team and help it reach the SB.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I agree that we need to take what we need to take. If it's an OG, then so be it. I know people hate picks like that, because of the glamour factor and all, but when your qB has all day to throw the ball, then you'll appreciate that OG that was taken.

Sometimes you have to draft kickers also. It worked out for the Patriots and other teams. But Jerry thinks like a fan, and fans only want QBs-WRs-RBs-DEs-CBs-S and LBs in the draft. If Jerry and company went out and drafted 3 o-linemen, 2 linebackers a NT and a kicker, this city would riot.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Henry is DONE.

Why? He's slow and his salary in 07 is 3.6 Million.

This video clip proves just how much of a waste he his....

This is the sorriest-excuse-for-coverage I have witnessed in many seasons.

http://i89.***BLOCKED***/albums/k215/eduncan22/th_HenryGetsBurntbySaints.jpg

8)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
eduncan22;1357064 said:
Henry is DONE.

Why? He's slow and his salary in 07 is 3.6 Million.

This video clip proves just how much of a waste he his....

This is the sorriest-excuse-for-coverage I have witnessed in many seasons.

http://i89.***BLOCKED***/albums/k215/eduncan22/th_HenryGetsBurntbySaints.jpg

8)
I'm getting more than a little tired of this crap. I'm sure I'm not alone.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure that Keith "Killer" Davis getting over a little late to help Henry deep had no part of that play being successful for NO.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1357093 said:
I'm sure that Keith "Killer" Davis getting over a little late to help Henry deep had no part of that play being successful for NO.
I guess I'm not alone.

Deputy493

Reaction score
If people would follow the basic rule of taking the best player available at each pick we would not have debate. The draft should be all about the BPA. You fill needs in free agency.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
You show a video clip of Killer Davis getting burned to make your point about Henry being slow?

jimmy40

Reaction score
Deputy493;1357096 said:
If people would follow the basic rule of taking the best player available at each pick we would not have debate. The draft should be all about the BPA. You fill needs in free agency.
I bet there would be a debate when you ended up drafting 12 tight ends because they were the BPA when you picked. Of course with Parcells gone, this would never happen.

Deputy493

Reaction score
jimmy40;1357112 said:
I bet there would be a debate when you ended up drafting 12 tight ends because they were the BPA when you picked. Of course with Parcells gone, this would never happen.

I doubt a TE would be the lone BPA in the grouping at each pick...........you rate players, you have each group of players with a similar to the same grade.......it is at that point you would go with what fills the bigger need, but in that situation you are taking the BPA that fills a need as well, you are not simply reaching for a lesser player because he plays a certain position.........for example if you have a OT and a DT ranked with the saem grade and they are the BPA's left, then you take the OT because he fills a bigger need, then you are not reaching, you are still taking the BPA......now if those two OT and DT are on the board, but you take a lesser graded WR because you need a WR more, then that is reaching and a no no on draft day.......does that explain it better for you?

If a TE is by far the best player on the board and you are loaded at TE, then you trade down........if unable to trade down then you still take the BPA.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Deputy493;1357118 said:
I doubt a TE would be the lone BPA in the grouping at each pick...........you rate players, you have each group of players with a similar to the same grade.......it is at that point you would go with what fills the bigger need, but in that situation you are taking the BPA that fills a need as well, you are not simply reaching for a lesser player because he plays a certain position.........for example if you have a OT and a DT ranked with the saem grade and they are the BPA's left, then you take the OT because he fills a bigger need, then you are not reaching, you are still taking the BPA......now if those two OT and DT are on the board, but you take a lesser graded WR because you need a WR more, then that is reaching and a no no on draft day.......does that explain it better for you?
I don't need any explaination, everybody drafts for need and picks the BPA for that need, unless your the Texans.
btw:I was just kidding about the tight end at every pick. Damn.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Deputy493;1357096 said:
BPA is good in theory. It does not work in fact.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;1357097 said:
You show a video clip of Killer Davis getting burned to make your point about Henry being slow?
:laugh2: my thoughts exactly

Deputy493

Reaction score
Hostile;1357135 said:
BPA is good in theory. It does not work in fact.

It does work in fact if you group the similarly graded players in bands and then rank them based on your need within that band of similarly graded players...........if you have players left in a higher graded group/band, but then drop down to a lower graded group/band because you want to fill a position of glaring need, then that is reaching for a pick..........this system has worked for the Pats and Steelers and in fact it is the system Ron Wolf discussed in making your draft board.

everybody drafts for need and picks the BPA for that need, unless your the Texans.

If this were the case, Ben Watson and Andre Wilfork would not be with the Pats......Reggie Bush would not be with the Saints, Steven Jackson would not be with the Rams, and LJ would not be with KC. Every one of those players were taken because they were the BPA on the board and did not fill the most glaring needs of the team that took them.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
CB
NT
MLB
Guard

Those are the only areas we are short in, those are the spots keeping us from the Super Duper Pooper Bowl...:starspin

p.s. Henry is top 5 till he gets hurt, the problem is that he continues to play when he gets hurt...:mad:

Deputy493

Reaction score
ELDudearino;1357211 said:
CB
NT
MLB
Guard

Those are the only areas we are short in, those are the spots keeping us from the Super Duper Pooper Bowl...:starspin

So you are good with our Safety core of Roy, Watson, and Killer Keith? all of whom were out of position and slow to read on coverage last year on several occasions as we gave up big play after big play and were torn up over the middle of the field?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Deputy493;1357220 said:
So you are good with our Safety core of Roy, Watson, and Killer Keith? all of whom were out of position and slow to read on coverage last year on several occasions as we gave up big play after big play and were torn up over the middle of the field?

I'm expecting them to move Henry to FS and I believe Watkins is getting better, Roy is a pillar on this team and we just simply won't replace him. Hopefully we get a good DC to come in and tighten him up...:cool:

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
ELDudearino;1357268 said:
I'm expecting them to move Henry to FS and I believe Watkins is getting better, Roy is a pillar on this team and we just simply won't replace him. Hopefully we get a good DC to come in and tighten him up...:cool:

I don't see how Henry is going to be able to take the spot from Watkins.

Watkins is fast and tall. Henry is slow and old [and expensive]

The kid was playing well at the end of the season.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
It is my own opinion that this team is not lacking in talent anywhere enough that they shouldn't be Super Bowl quality. The only constant I see keeping them out right now is coaching.

mschmidt64

Reaction score
Deputy493;1357190 said:
If this were the case, Ben Watson and Andre Wilfork would not be with the Pats......Reggie Bush would not be with the Saints, Steven Jackson would not be with the Rams, and LJ would not be with KC. Every one of those players were taken because they were the BPA on the board and did not fill the most glaring needs of the team that took them.

Game... set.... match.