Enthusiasm check

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
We talking about the Cowboys or Jason Garrett calling USFL games? Either way the answer is similar.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd suggest this may be due to the time of the season. I have been a fan since day one and normally find I do not get enthused until the draft comes up. Especially since Jerry and Little Enos don't play the free agent game much at all.

I will say one of the circumstances which influences this feeling of ennui is the growing acrimony this site has taken on. There is no discussion which does not have a healthy sprinkling of rancid commentary by those who believe every thread should reflect the posters feeling of hopelessness. Makes it difficult to come here and read when you must filter out 8 negative comments to find that one positive reply.

What takes this from bad to worse is the people making those posts of spite just repeat themselves from thread to thread.

Keep your chin up, The Draft isn't that far way.
I agree with this, that's where I am but once I get over the draft and 3 pre-season games get over with I will be stoked and ready to go!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For me it’s that despite my frustrations, I still really enjoy keeping up with the team. I love football in general, but I was raised with the Cowboys so it’s deeply ingrained in me.

I may get mad when things go badly, but I still have loyalty and hope that they’ll be great again. It’s hard to explain.

Also, I have only a couple real hobbies and interests in my life. One being the Cowboys. So if I gave that up, I’d be bored out of my mind
I've had the great fortune of meeting many of the great Cowboys, even had several legends at my home for a BBQ....they are just regular guys and really made me appreciate them more than I could ever imagine. Those guys solidified my fandom...some talked badly about some of our current players and I have to respect their opinions.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Disappointed all around. I've never felt this way 2 weeks out from the draft. I'll gladly eat crow later, but right now, not seeing it

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I've had the great fortune of meeting many of the great Cowboys, even had several legends at my home for a BBQ....they are just regular guys and really made me appreciate them more than I could ever imagine. Those guys solidified my fandom...some talked badly about some of our current players and I have to respect their opinions.
Those players are why I remain a Cowboy fan. I just can't let it go. They were a big part of my life.

Flamma

Reaction score
How’s everyone feeling about the team as of right now?

Personally speaking, I am still finding it really hard to be excited about things. Usually I’ll get pretty amped up for the draft and find a sliver of hope as to how the team can/will be good during the upcoming season. Right now though, I just don’t have it.

I’ve never been this emotionally detached from the Cowboys. I thought the dejection after the 49er game catastrophe would subside, but it hasn’t.

I’ve religiously watched the Cowboys since I was 7 years old, and that won’t change. But I just can’t find it in me to me excited about anything concerning the team or organization. I can appreciate when they play well during the regular season, but at the end of the day, I (and any reasonable fan) want/need more. And as currently constructed, a few good regular season performances is the absolute best we can hope for from this team. Because once January rolls around, we all know how the script plays out.

I don’t know. I guess I wanted to do a general check in with you guys and see where you’re at. And maybe some of you can help me find something to be optimistic or excited about.

My enthusiasm is all focused on the draft. I took Friday off. But I have none for the season. That high enthusiasm stopped sometime around 2009. Then if a season like '14 or '16 comes along, it's a pleasant surprise.

Only 3 times since our loss to the 49ers in 1994 have I taken a playoff loss hard. That would be 2007, 2014, and 2016. I was hoping for more. The rest were just minor disappointments. So my enthusiasm is quite low, matching my expectations at the moment.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

Personally speaking, I am still finding it really hard to be excited about things. Usually I’ll get pretty amped up for the draft and find a sliver of hope as to how the team can/will be good during the upcoming season. Right now though, I just don’t have it.

I’ve never been this emotionally detached from the Cowboys. I thought the dejection after the 49er game catastrophe would subside, but it hasn’t.

I’ve religiously watched the Cowboys since I was 7 years old, and that won’t change. But I just can’t find it in me to me excited about anything concerning the team or organization. I can appreciate when they play well during the regular season, but at the end of the day, I (and any reasonable fan) want/need more. And as currently constructed, a few good regular season performances is the absolute best we can hope for from this team. Because once January rolls around, we all know how the script plays out.

I don’t know. I guess I wanted to do a general check in with you guys and see where you’re at. And maybe some of you can help me find something to be optimistic or excited about.

Hey, i wouldn't worry about it......its called maturation. You are finding out that life is more than Cowboys football. Your life does not alter in any way if the Cowboys win or lose. Use them for entertainment purposes only and not to define who you are.

LOL, works for me. Take up a hobby or something that makes YOU happy and excited. Buena suerte, amigo.. :thumbup:

ghst187

Reaction score
Totally agree. We signed no one and had tons of opportunities. We cut one of our top players and let another go to Denver. I don’t suspect our D can recreate the same magic as last season.
And unless Dak looks like a vastly better players than the second half of last season, can’t see us winning 10 games. Add in Jerry trying to bait fans in with a “big announcement” and turns out it’s unrelated to making the team better reminds me of Steve Carrell as Michael in The Office promising a “big surprise” at the end of the day episode regarding their healthcare plans and ends up giving people an ice cream sandwich.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Excited !!! Yes I am. I have been a Cowboys Fans since we lost t the Colts in the Super Bowl.

I'm Jacked about Micah , what 's he gonna do for an encore? Ditto Trevon Osi and Neville

I think the WR corps will be a little more exciting actually. I'm excited about the Draft. Will we get an OLineman that will be a player, Another LB, A run stuffer?

It's off season Hope springs eternal

Whyjerry

Reaction score

I appreciate these posts. The NFL and Cowboys were the sports tops for me for decades. Jerry and the league have taken the joy out of it for me. For the Cowboys it’s just more of the same. I actually don’t hate the moves this off season. Gregory was unreliable since day one. Collins was an enigmatic flake. Cooper was out of shape and inconsistent. My issue is that they got next to nothing for Cooper and cut a former pro bowler in Collins. Just horrible asset management. With the Jones family in charge nothing is going to change. I am a fan but I have zero expectations.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
The-Perfect-Cocktail-how-i-met-your-mother-21172797-500-194.gif
"year 27 coming and counting":facepalm: