Enthusiasm check

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yup my enthusiasm level for the team is as expected this time of year and the closer to the game 1 opener the more excited i get.

the enthusiasm for this place and how that makes me feel about my team is in the minus area

This place is straight up downersville, all the complaining whining and Debbie downer loser attitude!!

where it seems 75% of this place all they do 24-7 is go out of their way to chat on the team..Noone puts baby in the corner LOL..if they jab my team im jabbing back and taking my benching's..if its that bothersome why follow the team at all, let alone sign up for daily posting on sites like this just to bash the team you allegedly claim you are fan of??

44672879.jpg
Distirubing?

Aven8

Reaction score
Meh…..Moore won’t commit to running the football.

And why paint yourself into a corner with the Oline? You’re forced to take one no matter what.

LB room is weak too sans Parsons.

Lots of holes and only the draft to fill them since our VP is a cheap skate.

jrumann59

Reaction score
its flat, the head scratcher was the whole Cooper Fiasco really. Its one thing to get rid of a guy with a solid plan or two in place but it looks like with the whispers and such they are back at situation that required them to trade for Cooper in the first place, WR is more talented right now but there are questions marks on every player in the WR room for Dallas.

ksadler1

Reaction score
How’s everyone feeling about the team as of right now?

Personally speaking, I am still finding it really hard to be excited about things. Usually I’ll get pretty amped up for the draft and find a sliver of hope as to how the team can/will be good during the upcoming season. Right now though, I just don’t have it.

I’ve never been this emotionally detached from the Cowboys. I thought the dejection after the 49er game catastrophe would subside, but it hasn’t.

I’ve religiously watched the Cowboys since I was 7 years old, and that won’t change. But I just can’t find it in me to me excited about anything concerning the team or organization. I can appreciate when they play well during the regular season, but at the end of the day, I (and any reasonable fan) want/need more. And as currently constructed, a few good regular season performances is the absolute best we can hope for from this team. Because once January rolls around, we all know how the script plays out.

I don’t know. I guess I wanted to do a general check in with you guys and see where you’re at. And maybe some of you can help me find something to be optimistic or excited about.

I’ve taken the SOS different year kinda attitude for the past 4 years. Jerry mails out the same books every year trying to pump fans full of sunshine and the team proceeds to do nothing. Losses do not really effect me the way they did years ago. I used to plan my weekends around NFL football. Now l watch the NFL if l have nothing better to do. If the NFL folded tomorrow l'd get over it.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I'm excited!! The Jones boys just struck a deal for blockchain. So exciting for us fans!!!! Glad they had a big announcement and it was absolutely zero about football and making the football team better.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
I'm excited!! The Jones boys just struck a deal for blockchain. So exciting for us fans!!!! Glad they had a big announcement and it was absolutely zero about football and making the football team better.
This going to be so epic. I literally can't wait

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Hasn't been a great off season so far. Not super pumped for this time of the year ever. Till draft then it gets the juices flowing somewhat. Not expecting much but it will probably be the year they win it all! :facepalm:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Personally speaking, I am still finding it really hard to be excited about things. Usually I’ll get pretty amped up for the draft and find a sliver of hope as to how the team can/will be good during the upcoming season. Right now though, I just don’t have it.

I’ve never been this emotionally detached from the Cowboys. I thought the dejection after the 49er game catastrophe would subside, but it hasn’t.

I’ve religiously watched the Cowboys since I was 7 years old, and that won’t change. But I just can’t find it in me to me excited about anything concerning the team or organization. I can appreciate when they play well during the regular season, but at the end of the day, I (and any reasonable fan) want/need more. And as currently constructed, a few good regular season performances is the absolute best we can hope for from this team. Because once January rolls around, we all know how the script plays out.

I don’t know. I guess I wanted to do a general check in with you guys and see where you’re at. And maybe some of you can help me find something to be optimistic or excited about.

I feel like the final Landry years. Looking at team on the slide, with all indicators pointing in the wrong direction.

Last year all the personnel balls bounced into our hands. Hit big on 1st round pick. Hit big on el cheapo free agents. Everyone healthy for the playoffs. Even LVE was playing pretty good ball come the playoffs. Lots of contract year players really delivered.

This year, much of that cheap talent disappeared, and the ones we kept aren't cheap anymore. Kinda overprice, IMO.

With all personnel contingencies going our way last year. we dropped a steaming wet one on the carpet come the playoffs. We should *expect* to be significantly worse this year. On what grounds should we expect to do *better* than that?

Easiest upgrade in the offseason would have been to dump Philbin. I never heard it discussed beyond this forum.

The biggest bright spot this offseason was getting LVE back so cheap.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Meh…..Moore won’t commit to running the football.

And why paint yourself into a corner with the Oline? You’re forced to take one no matter what.

LB room is weak too sans Parsons.

Lots of holes and only the draft to fill them since our VP is a cheap skate.
how do we know that it isn't dak changing the play at the line because the defense fools him? Which is pretty easy.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I cant be excited about this team until they fix the Oline. And so far they havent done anything.

Its also hard to get excited when I know they are going to roll out Zeke again and his plodding, ineffective running while Pollard rots on the bench. Moore didnt impress either. So far thats all going to be the same.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
None for the upcoming season. Front office mailed it in.

Best thing we got going for us is our division stinks.

Same. I have less than zero enthusiasm. That will not change as the season gets closer. We did zero this offseason and lost a lot. Signed a gimpy WR to be our #2 is at best a #3 and only looked good because of Cooper. Ceedee is nowhere near a #1. OL will still stink.

I will be excited for the NFL season but not so much the Cowboys.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Apples to oranges though.

Bengals have been notoriously bad and notoriously cheap.

They have plenty of cap as they typically don’t re-sign big contracts or free agents.

They started spending two off seasons ago. They also have all of their stars on offense on rookie deals outside of Mixon and Boyd

QB - Burrow? Rookie deal
LT - Jonah Williams? Rookie deal
WR - Chase? Rookie deal
TE - No $$$ spent

It’s what the Chiefs were able to do. Now that Mahomes contract is kicking in, they are losing a few players. They better win it with Burrow in his rookie deal. When he and Chase are to be paid all I can say is good luck.

And what did we do with our core on rookie deals? Absolutely nothing except one measly wild card win in 2018. Bengals took advantage. We did not. As usual. This front office has zero idea how to build a team.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I’m enthused, right up until the point I see or hear from Jerry or Stephen.

JayFord

Reaction score
im ready to put the league in the Crossface Chicken Wing!!!!

lets go DALLAS!!!!