Equifax data breach

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I heard if you go to their site and see if your info was taken, you waive the right to be part of a class action.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I use my credit checks through my bank. Does that count?

And why in the heck would they do that? To discourage people from finding out if their identity was stolen?

To question 1, I would assume no. To question 2, I would assume that most people don't read the terms and check anyway. They hope that this would save them money, as opposed to looking out for consumers

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
mattress.gif

maxdogg

Reaction score
I use my credit checks through my bank. Does that count?

And why in the heck would they do that? To discourage people from finding out if their identity was stolen?
I think they are offering one year of free credit monitoring. If you take that then you are excluded from the lawsuit.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Yeah I really think someone should do some time for this.
I mean really think of it?
I heard they fired all their top execs at Equifax. Whomever did this is looking at gnarly time. But if he/she is smart enough to breach a credit bureau, what's the likelihood of the person getting caught??

Probably in Russia by now, Max :(

Shunpike

Reaction score
I think they are offering one year of free credit monitoring. If you take that then you are excluded from the lawsuit.
Hi maxx. My wife and I are two illetrates regarding credit. Both of us have high credit score though. How can we find out if our information was stolen? Any easy way to do?

paladin

Reaction score
I'm generally fairly conservative when it comes to government intervention, but they need to start imposing crippling fines to companies who are negligent with people's personal information.

This is ridiculous.

True
I don't see this as conservative or liberal.
When terrible actions occur, laws are passed to control them.
e.g.
I'm sure there's a idiotic law saying you can't make sausages out of puppies.
You know why they had to make that a law?