Erasmus James-Wisconsin

chicago JK

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out with this guy?? I have been keeping an eye on the Wisconisn game while doing other things and the announcers are gushing over James who is a DE. I know Wisconsin suppose to have a top rated DT, but James is the guy who keeps on getting mentioned. They said James was the defensive player of the week last week in the Big 10. Has anyone heard of him before???

chicago JK

Reaction score
One of the announcers said James has knocked out two Penn State qb's out of the game tonight.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
chicago JK said:
Can anyone help me out with this guy?? I have been keeping an eye on the Wisconisn game while doing other things and the announcers are gushing over James who is a DE. I know Wisconsin suppose to have a top rated DT, but James is the guy who keeps on getting mentioned. They said James was the defensive player of the week last week in the Big 10. Has anyone heard of him before???

Hey Chicago, I saw that game and he was a monster. And yes he put hits on both QB's that put them out of the game. Anttaj Hawthorne has done all he's gona do at Wisconson last year, this year teams know all about him and has been constantly doubled and tripled.

I also found this for you;

http://www.gbnreport.com/scoutsnotebook.htm

Who's hot... The Wisconsin defense led by a rugged front four, that's who. Indeed, the Badgers have conceded just 19 points - total - through their first 4 games this fall. They are also allowing just 2.4 yards per rush and a 45% completion rate by opposing QBs whom they have sacked 13 times. Leading the charge is unheralded DE Erasmus James, a 6-4, 260-pound edge rusher with exceptional speed and quickness. James, in fact, showed some pass-rush potential in 2002 when he had 17 QB hurries, but missed the entire 2003 campaign because of a knee injury. Back healthy, James already has a career high 5 sacks and 7.5 tackles for loss. It hasn't hurt James productivity that he's working alongside 310-pound plus DTs Anttaj Hawthorne and Jason Jefferson. Hawthorne, a potential mid-first rounder this fall, in particular has pro scouts interested. He's a tough run stuffer who can get upfield in a hurry. Hawthorne, for example, had 4 sacks and 20 total tackles for loss last fall, although he's still looking for his first 2004 sack; the fact that he's constantly double-teamed, though, has opened things up for his teammates.

lkelly

Reaction score
He may have been defensive player of the week 2 weeks in a row.

Certainly looks to have potential as a round 1-2 pick.