Status
Not open for further replies.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Mannnnnnn....

http://www.utsports.com/chat/120909aaa.html

from his online chat transcript...

Cleveland, Ohio: It has been a pleasure to watch such a gifted athlete. What position do you think you will play in the pros? And do you have a favorite team?

Eric Berry: I really don't know what position. I've been hearing corner, safety, free safety, strong safety, nickel corner. I just want to play football. Wherever they put me, I just want to have fun. My favorite team is the Cowboys.

Drew Edwards: Why the Cowboys?

Eric Berry: My dad liked them, and I try to be like my dad growing up. He was a big fan because they gave him a shot. He always said he'd love the Cowboys for giving him an opportunity to play. I just liked them for that fact.

Illini88228

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3334078 said:
Mannnnnnn....

He was a big fan because they gave him a shot. He always said he'd love the Cowboys for giving him an opportunity to play.

If only the Cowboys were in a position to give him that opportunity.

:jackpot:

StarMan2112

Reaction score
I'd like to have Berry more than any player in this draft...a great player who would fill a big need for us. Too bad we have no shot at him.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I take it then that his Dad is James Berry also from Tennesee?

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
This blows having the 27th pick.

A part of me wished we would have a low pick so we could grab this guy.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Hostile;3334356 said:
I take it then that his Dad is James Berry also from Tennesee?

I believe so.

Eric also has twin younger brothers, age 13, Evan and Elliot. Evan has already committed to Tennessee and Evan has standing offers from LSU and Tennessee.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
Really who isn't a Cowboy fan? Jerry pays the most and always putting the team into a position to win. Unfortunately I think younger kids who grew up in the late 90's and early 2000's won't be as partial to the Boys as the kids who grew up during the triplets.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3334471 said:
I believe so.

Eric also has twin younger brothers, age 13, Evan and Elliot. Evan has already committed to Tennessee and Evan has standing offers from LSU and Tennessee.

holly crap at 13? really?

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I love Eric Berry. I didn't know he liked the Cowboys. Dang. That makes it hurt even more, if it even could.

Please keep the Commanders away from him.

Yep. His dad played at Tennessee.

Berry is from Georgia.

The recruiting war is indeed on for his twin brothers. One of them did commit to Tennessee. Stay away LSU and Georgia.

Tennessee has another safety who will be a first round pick. He's a sophomore. He has to stay out of trouble, though.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
the kid 05;3334478 said:
holly crap at 13? really?
We all know they just going off of the pedigree, just like dogs or horses. I'm just surprised the kid related to Favre isn't getting as many offers.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3334436 said:
This blows having the 27th pick.

A part of me wished we would have a low pick so we could grab this guy.

I'll take 11-5 seasons and playoff wins over high draft picks

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
dbair1967;3334565 said:
I'll take 11-5 seasons and playoff wins over high draft picks

Hey, dbair. Georgia's QBs all looked good, and ours looked putrid.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;3334695 said:
Not this year! Shabang!

dbair1967;3334700 said:
Some of their picks lately seem to suggest otherwise.

What?

They had a top 10 pick coming fresh off a SB in 08.

Have a ton of picks this year. 4 in the top 55. So they could move up in a high spot if they wanted and not lose their whole draft.

They will finish with a nice record this year and have a top 5 pick again thanks to the Raiders.

These guys rebuild while still winning. Give them credit.

Meanwhile we cut Flo,Hamlin and Ellis because jerry's dumb *** doesn't have it figured out yet. If they didn't have such god awful contracts we could possibly flip those into some picks.

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3334751 said:
What?

They had a top 5 pick coming fresh off a SB in 08.

Have a ton of picks this year. 5 in the top 55. So they could move up in a high spot if they wanted and not lose their whole draft.

They will finish with a nice record this year and have a top 5 pick again thanks to the Raiders.

These guys rebuild while still winning. Give them credit.

Meanwhile we cut Flo,Hamlin and Ellis because jerry's dumb *** doesn't have it figured out yet. If they didn't have such god awful contracts we could possibly flip those into some picks.

easy with the Jerry comments. He has a tremendous passion for the game and more importanly for the team. Not many owners have that. He does whats best for the team. In saying that, I cant wait for Stephen to take over. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.