Eric Moulds would be a Better Fit...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Walker, Walker and Walker.

Problem is for the eagles I would imagine they would rather get Moulds because he would be Cheaper, Cheaper Cheaper IMO.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Dejavue?! Perhaps! I didn't know Walker was so young -- he's only 27! Moulds is 32 years old and counting. Still, one/both will make an outstanding addition to someone.

Talon, seriously, you don't want Moulds, especially for the long term. He is on the decline and has had a series of continual nagging injuries over the past 3 years. All signs point to him being a has-been IMO. Walker on the other hand is the real deal. This would be his fifth season, he still has a lot of upside, and is taller and faster than Moulds. His injury last season was his only major injury, so there is no evidence that he would be more injury prone than the declining Moulds.

Personally, if the Owens to Dallas deal fell through, Walker was next on my list, but I wanted to avoid Moulds at all cost. I have followed him closely for the past three seasons (mainly because he always ended up on my fantasy football team) and he seems to not have "it" anymore.

Walker would be the perfect compliment to Reggie Brown, who has some major upside and can potentially become an elite WR in the future. Your best bet would be to have Walker and Brown as your one and two, and maybe a stop gap receiver like Peerless Price as your number 3...but stay away from Moulds at all cost.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
Talon, seriously, you don't want Moulds, especially for the long term. He is on the decline and has had a series of continual nagging injuries over the past 3 years. All signs point to him being a has-been IMO. Walker on the other hand is the real deal. This would be his fifth season, he still has a lot of upside, and is taller and faster than Moulds. His injury last season was his only major injury, so there is no evidence that he would be more injury prone than the declining Moulds.

Personally, if the Owens to Dallas deal fell through, Walker was next on my list, but I wanted to avoid Moulds at all cost. I have followed him closely for the past three seasons (mainly because he always ended up on my fantasy football team) and he seems to not have "it" anymore.

Walker would be the perfect compliment to Reggie Brown, who has some major upside and can potentially become an elite WR in the future. Your best bet would be to have Walker and Brown as your one and two, and maybe a stop gap receiver like Peerless Price as your number 3...but stay away from Moulds at all cost.

I'm reading you jdub2k4. What about Walker's injury ...his surgery? I'm Not even sure if he's healthy. But Oter than that aspect, I agree Walker may be more solid in the long run.

Justis

Reaction score
Wood said:
You know the times are improving for Cowboy fans when we will start TO and Glenn.....and the eagles are fighting for a WR on the downside of his career. On paper...I know think Dallas and Philadelphia are even....3 years ago...it wasnt even close.
Actually Dallas is way better than Philly. I think the Eagles are pretty lousy right now. And Dallas is exactly one Manny Lawson away from the Super Bowl.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
True, he may not be 100%, but I believe there is too much upside for the future. An 80% Walker is > or = a 100% Moulds IMO. Walker still has a good 7 to 8 years while Moulds may only have 2 or 3. Thats why you would bring in an extra swing man like Price to help take some of the pressure off Walker. Your receiving corp would then be Walker, Brown, Price, and Pinkston, with LJ Smith as the receiving TE...that's a pretty dangerous bunch to contend with.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
True, he may not be 100%, but I believe there is too much upside for the future. An 80% Walker is > or = a 100% Moulds IMO. Walker still has a good 7 to 8 years while Moulds may only have 2 or 3. Thats why you would bring in an extra swing man like Price to help take some of the pressure off Walker. Your receiving corp would then be Walker, Brown, Price, and Pinkston, with LJ Smith as the receiving TE...that's a pretty dangerous bunch to contend with.

Also true. Here's more just in ...

Moulds on move? Yes, it's true that Buffalo wide receiver Eric Moulds would love to play for the Eagles, but it remains highly unlikely that he'll be playing in Philadelphia next season. Furthermore, it's unlikely that Moulds will be going anywhere in the near future because the Bills do not have to be in a rush to trade or release him.

Moulds is due a $1 million reporting bonus at the start of training camp and is scheduled to make $7.2 million next season. The Bills do not plan to pay him that salary, but the Eagles aren't likely to give Moulds the kind of money he is seeking, either.

Besides that, a number of other teams reportedly have an interest in Moulds, including the Houston Texans, who are looking for a No. 2 receiver to replace new Eagles receiver Jabar Gaffney. The Houston Chronicle reported that the Bills are seeking a fourth-round pick for Moulds, who will be 33 at the start of next season.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Justis said:
Actually Dallas is way better than Philly. I think the Eagles are pretty lousy right now. And Dallas is exactly one Manny Lawson away from the Super Bowl.

Hello Justis. Looking at your statement wearing your shoes, I wouldn't expect you to say anything differently. However this this thread wasn't about Dallas' superiority and Eagles being ...as you say "lousy."

The difference between our perspectives is that I would never say that Dallas or any other team In the NFCE is ...as you say "lousy." I assume you base your assessment on your stellar year versus our cellar year in 2005! Or perhaps your statement has historical implications. In any case, the 2006 season is barely on paper, the FA aquisitions are rapidly coming to an end, and the draft is about to start soon. I'm not suggesting it's too soon for anyone to make accusations that have not been confirmed, but wouldn't you agree that we could wait until kickoff of the regular season before we start launching missiles.:rolleyes:

BTW, do you feel that Manny Lawson is the only piece remaining for the COwboys to return to the Superbowl?:)

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Walker, Walker and Walker. Problem is for the eagles I would imagine they would rather get Moulds because he would be Cheaper, Cheaper Cheaper IMO.

Hello BP,

It's true ...historically, Eagles GM has Been ...I'll use the term "frugal," in spending cap dollars. But according to the reports, Moulds is probably looking for a minimum of $7.2 million.

That said, Moulds is not going to be a Blue-light special either. Granted, Walker may be a more expensive ticket. But if he's healthy, he may be worth it.

1Ware1

Reaction score
I doesn't matter neither will sign with Philly.Joe Banner is so tight with his money that,you coun't blow a greased BB up his backside with a shotgun.Why else would you dump millions into Brian Westbrook,when he hasn't finished a full season in his hole career?
Once again ,all Philly teams are to cheap to spend to get better,they wold rather sitback and bragg about how underpaid there team is.The only ones who realley suffer with the saveings are the fans.HEY BANNER or LURIe !If your gonna be so dang cheap,sell the team

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
This may rap it for this thread ...if Moulds were to come to Philly, here's what our wide receiver corp would look like ...

Moulds (perhaps Walker)
Gaffney
Brown
Pinkston
Lewis

*McCants (I'm thinking McCants would be released)

Not too shabby.