Eric Scott Jr on the bubble

RonWashington

Reaction score
I would hate to see the Cowboys move on from Scott . He’s got some potential . Belt & Broadus both think he’s a goner particularly with DQ gone .

Booth looked good in Vegas and is supposed to be a ST asset . And Kemon Hall the local from UNT did not hurt himself with a pick 6 . It’s a crowded position . And of course Caelan Carson has drawn raves in camp .

I could see Dallas trying to stash Scott on PS and losing him to a team thinking he’s an upgrade .

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he pulled his hamstring next week.
Video clip already out:

calf-leg-day.gif

plasticman

Reaction score
I used to be disappointed when a favorite of mine was cut, traded, or demoted. However, I've been wrong so many times that I now accept the coaching decisions.

They may be wrong sometimes but they are there, breathing the same air as the players and seeing things with their own experienced professional eyes.

I didn't like it in 1978 when Golden Richards was replaced as a WR starter by Tony Hill. Hill only went on to be their leading receiver for 8 consecutive years. Richards was traded and never heard from again.

rambo2

Reaction score
I hate to lose him also. Spending two picks on a player only to cut him a year later leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

That being said, he needs to earn his roster spot. I don't want to keep him because of the draft capital invested in him.
The better corners that we have leaves a great taste in my mouth.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I’m just not as high on Scott as many seem to be. I’d have no issue with cutting him. I would however try to get him onto the practice squad and I do think he’d clear waivers unless Quinn grabs him.

kskboys

Reaction score
I’m just not as high on Scott as many seem to be. I’d have no issue with cutting him. I would however try to get him onto the practice squad and I do think he’d clear waivers unless Quinn grabs him.
Why? We're loaded at CB. Wouldn't it be better to put a position on the PS that we're weak at? And a player w/ the skillset to improve?

Jarntt

Reaction score
Why? We're loaded at CB. Wouldn't it be better to put a position on the PS that we're weak at? And a player w/ the skillset to improve?
you think we aren’t going to have any CBs on our PS?
the last couple of years have proven the need to have a lot of CBs around. You keep the best players in addition to potential positions of need and guys you may need to get through practice during the season. You can always poach a player from another team’s PS at a position of need if it turns out to not be CB if you need to. It’s also good to have DBs if you need to call up a guy for special teams as they can always run down on punts and kickoffs.