Erickson fired as 49ers coach

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Waffle said:
I figured YOU would like it!! :D

There's another site that de-bunks the whole WCO think being a Bill Walsh idea.

I've also heard Bud Grant in a couple of interviews say that Walsh stole it from Brown and claimed he "INVENTED" it.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
JBRockBottom31 said:
Rumor here in Cali is the Niners want Pete Carroll and might draft Leinart....crazy
Pete Carroll has failed twice in the NFL already. He would be insane to leave a gig where he is having such great success to go back into the fire of the NFL.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
SALADIN said:
There's another site that de-bunks the whole WCO think being a Bill Walsh idea.

I've also heard Bud Grant in a couple of interviews say that Walsh stole it from Brown and claimed he "INVENTED" it.
You are correct, SALADIN! He was an assistant under Paul Brown and replicated (stole) the offensive system at SF. He just gave it a cute little name and accepted credit for being a "Genius." :rolleyes:

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Waffle said:
You are correct, SALADIN! He was an assistant under Paul Brown and replicated (stole) the offensive system at SF. He just gave it a cute little name and accepted credit for being a "Genius." :rolleyes:
He also coached under Hank Stram at Kansas City who also used that system in the late 60's and early 70's. But Walsh has been given credit for it and that will not likely change in spite of how many people know otherwise.

As a Lawyer once told me, "The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant."

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
This is the kind of knee jerk reaction that I hate to see in the NFL. They brought in Ericson to rebuild a team in salary cap trouble then let him go before he even has a chance to get started. This is why I am not in favor of ditching Parcells after this year even though I don't see where he has made any progress either (in fact IMO he the team has regressed).

One thing about the 49er situation is that the new coach steps into a great situation with no where to go but UP. He will have a great draft pick to work with and a lot of options since they should now have cap room.

Please, Ericson was overrated to begin with. He is still living off his Miami Hurricane reputation, a program he inherited from Jimmy Johnson. He is an overrated coach and should have never been hired by the 49ers to begin with.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
He also coached under Hank Stram at Kansas City who also used that system in the late 60's and early 70's. But Walsh has been given credit for it and that will not likely change in spite of how many people know otherwise.

As a Lawyer once told me, "The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant."

LOL....you might need to throw another name into that list because I heard Walsh directly stole it from Chuck Long of the Rams. Walsh didn't create the West Coast offense despite what Chris Berman would have you believe.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Waffle. LOL at 49erHaters. That site is hype!! Good stuff thats for sure.

Well Ill say this. Ill be glad when Im respondin to a post like this but the post is.....Mike ZImmer fired.

I'm a member and have been since 1997. LOL....I was wondering which Cowboy fans of this site was a fellow member.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
Please, Ericson was overrated to begin with. He is still living off his Miami Hurricane reputation, a program he inherited from Jimmy Johnson. He is an overrated coach and should have never been hired by the 49ers to begin with.
I never believed that Ericson was a good hire in the first place . Letting Mooch go was the heigth of stupidity for the Niners. But if you are going to hire a coach you have to give him more than 1 season to do something. Oh well, worse luck to their next coach ;)