Erin Andrews replacing Pam Oliver on Fox #1 NFL team

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Oliver confirmed the news to Sports Illustrated on Sunday night that she will move to the network’s No. 2 team for her 20th NFL broadcasting season. Erin Andrews has been elevated to the No. 1 sideline spot, joining the team of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. Oliver’s last season working as a reporter on the NFL will be spent with the No. 2 Fox team of Kevin Burkhardt and Joe Lynch.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sideline reporters add so little value.

I tend to agree, most the time they don't, but few times they do, like on some injuries. But the stupid questions of coaches going into half time, or coming out. Just all generic crap.
I could do without that.

Erin sure parlayed her video incident into something better...LOL...often I wonder if it was a setup....j/k
Obviously she has been working her way up to better things for a long time before that incident. But it didn't hurt matters.

But I like the change, I had nothing against Pam Oliver, and would have been perfectly fine if she stayed. But sometimes it's nice just to have a change.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I guess getting bonked on the head with a football did not help matters.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow so Moose's team is no longer #2?

It would be interesting to see what would happen with Moose if he didn't have "Goose" as his sideline guy and effectively the 3rd guy in the booth. Their banter is a bit distracting at times.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fox makes switch on announcing crew, kicks former Cowboy Daryl Johnston’s team off of playoff coverage
http://0.gravatar.com/avatar/e6b19646ff6f172e276479f5761a6168?s=52&d=http%3A%2F%2Fres.***BANNED-URL***%2Fresources%2Fimages%2FSD-logo-50.jpg%3Fs%3D52&r=G
By Barry Horn / Reporter
bhorn@***BANNED-URL***
9:10 pm on January 11, 2013 | Permalink

Fox has slipped Thom Brennaman and Brian Billick into its No. 2 NFL booth this playoff weekend. They are replacing incumbents Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston and Tony Siragusa, who have drawn playoff duty for years.

Brennaman and Billick will call Sunday’s playoff game between the Seattle Seahawks and Atlanta Falcons at noon. The network’s “A Team” Troy Aikman and Joe Buck have Saturday’s prime time affair between the Green Bay Packers andSan Francisco49ers.

Asked about the Sunday switch on a conference call this week, Fox Sports president Eric Shanks, who has been on the job two years, indicated his network is taking a new path. Fox rates Aikman and Buck on top with No. 2 up for grabs.

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***...-johnstons-team-off-of-playoff-coverage.html/

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Aw man, we are going to miss out on this?

pam-oliver.png

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I wonder how long Troy and Buck can go on, they are not even that old and already the "number one" booth. They don't scream iconic to me but they could end up in there a loooong time. It's funny that there will be generations of NFL fans who grow up to know Troy as only an announcer (and probably negatively as time goes on). Just as I had to remind people in Madden's final days that Madden was a Super Bowl winning coach with one of the all time best winning percentages, not the buffoon you see on TV.