ESPN 1st & 10

MikeBou

Reaction score
did anyone else see 1st & 10 this morning. they asked who they thought was the toughest running back. one of the stewerts said jacobs from the Giants the other said peterson from >inn. SKIP BAYLESS said Marion Barber . it is the first time i heard him say anything possitive about thr Boys

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
no matter how much anyone hates the Boys they can't say anything bad about the way Marion plays the game. he is a true beast:D

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
MikeBou;2427654 said:
did anyone else see 1st & 10 this morning. they asked who they thought was the toughest running back. one of the stewerts said jacobs from the Giants the other said peterson from >inn. SKIP BAYLESS said Marion Barber . it is the first time i heard him say anything possitive about thr Boys

I love Barber.

But Jacobs hits the hole, turns the corner, runs people over.
Barber doesnt hit the hole. (prob because we have a pass blocking line and not a run blocking line)

Its very close but Jacobs gets the edge.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
If they're talking about "toughness," than I would say Barber.

Remember that rib injury he had a few weeks ago? Everyone forgot about it because Barber doesn't say anything and keeps playing. Rib injuries are terribly painful and Barber never missed a beat.

Jacobs is effective because he's huge, with decent speed ... not because he's necessarily tough.

And Peterson, as great as he is, gets dinged a lot.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;2427656 said:
no matter how much anyone hates the Boys they can't say anything bad about the way Marion plays the game. he is a true beast:D

...that has developed a fumbling problem. ;)

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
IMO Jacobs is a good RB but I would never consider him tough. Especially when comparing him to Barber. Jacobs just whines too much to be tough.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
YoMick;2427665 said:
I love Barber.

But Jacobs hits the hole, turns the corner, runs people over.
Barber doesnt hit the hole. (prob because we have a pass blocking line and not a run blocking line)

Its very close but Jacobs gets the edge.

Not for toughness. Maybe for being a brusier. Say like Christian Okoye, but he sits out when he has a boo boo. Jacobs has only played 1 full season in 4 years in the league.

Okoye's reign of terror didn't last long. Bull dozers tend to break down. Jacobs doesn't even try to avoid contact even when it's possible. At least Barber will try to juke a defender rather than try to run over everyone.

Elysium1983

Reaction score
Jacobs gets banged up too much to be considered tough in my opinion. I believe he sat out most of the 2nd half of the Ravens game with some sort of inury. Of course, they were running all over the Ravens as it was anyway...

CowboyMark

Reaction score
Barber is the toughest. Even Jim Rome agrees. Barber is not the best but he is the toughest guy to bring down to the ground. The man would run through a steel wall to win.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This NFC only? If not, Marsawn Lynch belongs in the conversation.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Idgit;2428056 said:
This NFC only? If not, Marsawn Lynch belongs in the conversation.

He's tough behind the wheel of a car.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chief;2428064 said:
He's tough behind the wheel of a car.

Heh. He's no Randy Moss. (See, I stayed away from the Goodrich reference, because I'm damn classy).