ESPN 2021 NFL Mock Draft Cowboys Selection

cowboyec

Reaction score
It's going to be Horn. I've seen Archer do these in the past and he nailed both Taco and LVE. He's got ties in the organization and has never been into shock pieces. I watched this one last night and he also made mention of the Cowboys viewing Surtain as a Byron Jones type and they wanted a player who played the ball more aggressively. It struck me as something he was directly told rather than an opinion.

Not part of the same draft show last night, but I also heard Archer make mention of the Cowboys possibly moving back into the first round. He said Dallas didn't feel like they had 10 roster spots available and that he thought they'd trade some of the picks to come up for C. Barmore.
that would be awesome.
come away with horn AND barmore.

Kwyn

Reaction score
that would be awesome.
come away with horn AND barmore.
I imagine Horn and Surtain will both go in the top 15. One of them will likely go to either Phil or NY.

I don’t see anyway to get Horn and Barmore

now, Barmore and Farley might be doable but Jerry made a comment about the best picks having health as component of their grade, so they might impact that decision. Maybe he learned from LVE and Jaylon.

kumizi

Reaction score
It's going to be Horn. I've seen Archer do these in the past and he nailed both Taco and LVE. He's got ties in the organization and has never been into shock pieces. I watched this one last night and he also made mention of the Cowboys viewing Surtain as a Byron Jones type and they wanted a player who played the ball more aggressively. It struck me as something he was directly told rather than an opinion.

Not part of the same draft show last night, but I also heard Archer make mention of the Cowboys possibly moving back into the first round. He said Dallas didn't feel like they had 10 roster spots available and that he thought they'd trade some of the picks to come up for C. Barmore.
well put man

Archer isn't a Fisher or Skip Bayless. When I saw him state the Cowboys view Horn as more of a playmaker than Surtain, I took notice. (even though Horn only had 2 picks)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ESPN NFL reporters played general manager for the teams they cover and executed a first-round mock. By the end, there were five quarterbacks taken -- including with the first three picks -- and the first defensive player wasn't taken until No. 8. Trades were not allowed.

No. 10: Dallas Cowboys select Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
qRTp7CB.jpg

Horn fits what the Cowboys need. After allowing the most points in franchise history in 2020 -- including 34 touchdown passes (27 by wide receivers) -- the Cowboys need help all across their defense, but a bona fide pass-rusher is not in the mix at this spot. Horn has shown the ability to make plays on the ball. His father, Joe, played for Mike McCarthy in New Orleans. His college coach, Will Muschamp, is close with coordinator Dan Quinn. -- Todd Archer

No. 11: New York Giants select Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
No. 12: Philadelphia Eagles select Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama
No. 19: Washington Football Team select Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame

Source: https://www.espn.com/2021-nfl-mock-draft-nfl-nation-reporters-make-first-round-predictions

Would NOT take him over Surtain

Then again, it’s only :espn:

kumizi

Reaction score
Would NOT take him over Surtain

Then again, it’s only :espn:
It was a mock draft done by the beat reporters of every team, not by some guy at ESPN. Todd Archer made the pick for the Cowboys. He's covered the team for a long time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was a mock draft done by the beat reporters of every team, not by some guy at ESPN. Todd Archer made the pick for the Cowboys. He's covered the team for a long time.

He works for :espn: right?