ESPN/ABC/Disney stiriing up T.O. controversy...

keds

Reaction score
... for their own gain. My prediction is they' re going to cash in big on Monday night with some record TV ratings. Football brings in some nice cash for ESPN/Disney/ABC. I almost liken ESPN's overkill of the T.O. saga to CNNs daily coverage of the OJ trial.

The analysts at ESPN know their good guy/bad guy roles well. Irvin seems to have been cast as the T.O. sympathizer. While the other "so-called" analysts there take the moral high ground in condeming T.O. for his obvious bad behavior.

Secretly the ABC/ESPN brass love T.O. He's making them a lot of money. The hypocracy of all this is that while ESPN's coverage focuses on T.O.'s selfishness and greed, in reality it is their own greed for profit that shapes the very coverage of this whole saga.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
keds said:
... for their own gain. My prediction is they' re going to cash in big on Monday night with some record TV ratings. Football brings in some nice cash for ESPN/Disney/ABC. I almost liken ESPN's overkill of the T.O. saga to CNNs daily coverage of the OJ trial.

The analysts at ESPN know their good guy/bad guy roles well. Irvin seems to have been cast as the T.O. sympathizer. While the other "so-called" analysts there take the moral high ground in condeming T.O. for his obvious bad behavior.

Secretly the ABC/ESPN brass love T.O. He's making them a lot of money. The hypocracy of all this is that while ESPN's coverage focuses on T.O.'s selfishness and greed, in reality it is their own greed for profit that shapes the very coverage of this whole saga.

Answer the phone.

Oliver Stone wants to speak with you.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
keds said:

Welcome to America! There is plenty of greed to go around. If you don't believe me, go buy a gallon of gasoline.

keds

Reaction score
I don't need to talk to Oliver Stone, this game will have huge ratings for ABC and ESPN laid the ground work for it...

keds

Reaction score
Alexander, I think you are severly naive. Business is all about synergy these days. ABC/Disney/ESPN is a perfect model. When listening to ESPN sports talk this morning they were anouncing a contest with the prize being a vacation to Disneyland...

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Truthfully, the news media looks for one story to cover to cut the cost and burden of having to find other stories. Think about it. If the people want to see T.O., then they get it 24/7. That way, ESPN doesn't have to go look for other stories to cover. I mean, I'm sure there is a curling tournament going on somewhere, or a belching contest, but they stay locked in on T.O. to keep their costs down.

I still think that CNN and Court TV should write OJ Simpson a check. I mean he basically buttered their bread. Throw the guy a bone! :laugh1:

idiotec777

Reaction score
It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh...

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
keds said:
I don't need to talk to Oliver Stone, this game will have huge ratings for ABC and ESPN laid the ground work for it...

haha Cowboys games get huge ratings regardless

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
keds said:

Nearly every Monday night game with the Cowboys in it has very high ratings. That won't prove anything.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
keds said:

If they really wanted coverage, they'd announce TO is showing up, in Philly uniform, with armed guards.

Thats PPV stuff . . .